Long term use of Amlodipine

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hello

i have been using this drug for many years without problems, but recently I have begun to experience side effects which include swelling hands, ankles and calves.

aching legs and feeling very tired most of the time.

i am going to ask my GP if I can come off of this drug, I am interested in other  forum members experience with this perticular drug.

thanks

3 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi All, I have been on Indapamide for high blood pressure for 2 years now and have no side effects whatsoever, but about a year ago I had my BP chcked and it was still quite high so my dr gave me Amlodipine - was horrendous so stopped it immediately, I still take just the Indapamide and I am fine on it. Good luck.

• Posted

Well my grandparents were also using it because of being prescribed from the family doctor, and they have recently started facing the same issues. But now they are going through few surgeries and now using an alternative drug. However, I must not mention the name here, as it may not suit you or can cause trouble to you.

They were using it despite being banned in our country, and now facing the consequences. You must also avoid taking them from now on and better to consult a professional doctor. Otherwise, you could again end up taking drug that can cause you trouble in future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.