Long term use of Betahistine

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi group I have been on Betahistine now for just over a year. Has anyone been taking Betahistine for a relatively long time and if so have you tried to wean off them. Tried once and started M symptoms again. Probably have to take them forever. Hope not. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

also went on low salt diet jan 2017 for 3 months made my symptoms worse,went back to normal living with just taking bethastine never look back !! think some people on here love having these symptoms which they probably exaggerate for self pity,just take yer bethastine and i promise you you will improve,ive been there so know how u feel,good luck

• Edited

hi Maria

i take Serc betahistine - 3 x 16mg three times a day and have done for many years. i have considered stopping them but feel they are working to keep the vertigo attacks at bay which is a big plus. my last vertigo attack was just under a year ago (which was horrendous as it as the worst i had ever had) and the attack before that was a further two years. so while it gives me this sort of reprieve i do not want to stop them. i still get what i call mini vertigos which last about 15 minutes and i am ok as long as i sit quietly.

i think like a lot of sufferers we tend to persevere with what works for us individually and if it works don't break it.

hope things settle down for you soon.

best wishes

Linda

• Posted

hi marie i was givin these ti take for meniers but i dont think i have it because i wasnt getting vertigo i was having dizziness wile i was driving .. i only toll a few and stopped am sure they gave me the shakes but to be fair i dod get a virus and my balance went funny so they gave me stematil i just took a few of them .. but my balance is starting to lift now .. they shouldnt give you meds with out a proper diagnosis .. ano they prob wont do no harm but my doctor not that good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.