Long time no speak!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, sorry I've been off line for ages, no excuse really just been enjoying my time at home smile Hope everyone is doing well and are recovering well from your surgeries xx

I'm now at 14 weeks post op, I've had a few problems along the way, firstly with a watery straw coloured discharge that I had to be referred back to the surgeon with. He sent me for a scan, by the time I got the appointment through the discharge had stopped, but they found two large cysts, I'd never had cysts before! I then had a bit of an anxious wait to go back to see the surgeon, when I did go he told me the sonographer had got it wrong and that actually I have a resolving hematoma, I now have to go for another scan on 21st May to make sure that it is actually resolving/shrinking, fingers crossed that it is otherwise it could be some sort of intevention.

On a more positive note I am finally going back to work on Monday!! Yay!! I am not going to my normal job as it is far too physical so I have been redeployed into a office position for a while. Not sure yet what my hours wil be after next week but they WILL be a phased return, next week I am only working thrre days for three hours on each day with a day off inbetween each working day smile xx

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Luckymum 

You have been popping into my head this week at various times and I was wondering how you were getting along.  I really hope your scan is good and that you don't have to have any more treatment.  I think you have been through enough don't you?  It only seems like yesterday when you had the scare about 'the oven incident'.  

Gosh you are going back to work on Monday, the weeks have just flown by.  I am 6 weeks today, the op was the best thing ever, feel at least 30 years younger, now dressing like a teenager, don't worry I will get over it, just celebrating being fixed and feeling amazing!    I have been walking up steep hills and doing lots of flights of stairs, in fact the neighbours say I am wearing out the stair carpet, and will this put up the service charge!  My GP has just cleared me to start Tai Chi, but no Zumba or Jane Fonda for at least 4 months, still I am top notch fit so maybe will keep the stairs in the keep fit plan, especially as they cannot cause any damage.  Very nervous about some of my exercising, just in case it can cause another prolapse, do not want to mess up now I am totally fixed!    Rosie's little legs are getting shorter and shorter from all the walking.  

Lovely to hear from you, take it easy on Monday, just look decorative for the first few days.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Thank you Jacqui xx

So glad to hear you are doing so well, fantastic that you are managing to do so much, far more than I feel able to do, shame on me! Poor little Rosie, she will soon look like a little sausage dog! How is Ian? (hope I rememered his name right) Hope he is well xxx

• Posted

Hi Luckymum

Ah but you had quite a few problems to deal with, so you have done brilliantly.  Well done on the slimming, smashing amount you have lost.  Do you feel better for it?   You will be super fit in no time.  

Yes hubby is Ian.  He is not so good at all, he did brilliantly while I was in hospital, walking Rosie, and when I came home he would lift all the heavy pans while I was cooking, but as I have got stronger, it is like his body has caved in and said enough 'I cannot cope' so I am resting him up and trying to stick him together with 'blue Tak!'   I am hoping to start my Tai Chi on Wednesdays and Sundays and hopefully get Ian to do a little with me, it will help strengthen his joints, trouble is every joint hurts so much it is very hard for him to cope.

Just been up another steep hill this morning, poor Rosie is snoring at my feet, but she keeps up with my fast pace now no trouble!  

Good luck for Monday.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

So sorry to hear Ian is having a tough time, I hope he feels a little better very soon, please be careful that you don't over do things though trying to nurse him as well as building up your own strength. I'm sure you will love being able to do your Tai Chi and hopefully it will help to build Ian up a bit too xxx
  • Posted

great to hear from you, and returning to work next week, hope all goes well for you in work 
  • Posted

Hi, good to hear from you.....im 12 weeks today and also going back on Monday..phased return too....I'm a bit nervous are you??
    • Posted

Hi Bridy, wow, it has all gone so fast. Good luck for Monday (it'll soon be Moanday after a few weeks I'm sure!! LOL) I am a bit excited and also a bit nervous but then I am starting a brand new job, totally different to what I normally do, in a completely different location, with a whole new team to get to know so It's a bit different in my case. I'm sure you will be fine and hopefully your colleagues will be genourous and ease you in gently xxx
  • Posted

I ve been wondering how you were doing! Glad to hear you're ok, the time as gone quick I remember joining this site when I was told I needed the op and you had just opened a discussion on dates of ops! How time flies. I m now 5 wks post op, starting to do little things but my stomach swells after I ve done stuff. I did try to vacuum today, oh my god, wrong move, my stomach ached after, I thought I was ok to do it (while hubby was at work). My boss thinks I ll be ok to go back to work at 6 wks, I just can't see it myself. Anyway, good to hear from you x
    • Posted

:o What were you thinking, doing the vacuuming!!!??? Bad girl, sit down and behave!!! I'm at 14 weeks and even now, at the weekend I stretched slightly to put some washing on the line and I felt that aout 15 minuets later, ouchies! Your stomach will still swell for a while yet, I still get that too. I've joined a slimming club and have lost 4.5lb in a couple of weeks, still not quite back to my pre op weight and that was 2 stone over what I would like to be, so have some work to do there LOL As for your boss, he/she is living in a dream world, there is no way that is going to happen, my doctor would not even entertain me going back before 12 weeks but then with the few problems I've had she was even a little cautious of me going back even now and has said I'm to go straight back for another note if I have any problems at all. Silly, silly boss you have xxx
    • Posted

Oh dear!  What were you thinking of?  So glad Luckymum told you off for 'vacuuming', gosh even at 3 months the hospital and doctors are still very cagey about saying yes!  It seems to be the biggest baddie of them all!  frown

Leave the heavy work for much much later, just go walking and enjoy the fresh air!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Thanks Jacqui for that, i thought i d be ok to vacuum as i m only 1 week away from the 6 weeks rule, but i instantly wish i hadn't tried once i'd done it. I had to lie down and not move for half hour!

My hubby says i'm 'pig headed' (he doesn't know about the vacuuming, he would go berserk)

So i will just stick to walking for now

Gail xx

• Posted

Hi Gail

You have recovered so well I just didn't want you undoing all that healing, by hurting yourself.  He! he! good job hubby doesn't know about the 'vacuuming'.  We can hold you to ransome now, touch the hoover again and we tell!  

Your recovery has been amazing, do you feel very well in yourself?  I am just bursting with energy, the op has certainly given me a new lease of life.  We just must be so very careful now.  My surgeon told me the danger time is between 6 - 8 weeks, and when I looked shocked and said that I thought that was the time to relax and think I've made it through with no problems.  His answer was that is when 'us ladies' start to get a bit cocky and show our independence by starting to lift things and throwing ourselves back into life.  So I have marked on the calender these two weeks.  Just starting Week 6 now and the temptation is to lift Rosie my Shih Tzu, rather than call hubby each time I want her on the grooming table.  But we have to be strict with ourselves for a few more weeks then we can safely say 'We have done it!'

Take care

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi, i had been wondering where you had got to as well, i'm now 3 weeks post op and feeling great, looks like i will be going back to work at 6 weeks so not really long enough off to feel nervous about going back. I'm going on my cross trainer and doing a couple of miles a day, albeit very tentatively and slowly but no pain really and feel a bit of a fraud even being off work.  Hope your return to work is stress free and that it all goes well  xx
    • Posted

Oh sweetie, please be careful seems a little early for a cross trainer, I was actually told no for that till around 12 weeks, I have been on once with the resistance set to the lowest but that is all. I so wish you could have more time to recoup, it is a major op, people don't always seem to understand sad I have been so lucky with my works and my boss, she has been wonderful, even coming to my house to drive me to and from appointments when I wasn't able to drive myself!!! I wish you all had the benefit of similar support xxx
    • Posted

I get what you are saying but i feel ridiculously good, i'm literally waiting to see if i get any pain hence feeling a fraud. I researched online via royal college of obstetrics and gynee and other sites and they all seem to agree that in week 3 you should be aiming to walk for approx 30 to 60 mins per day and that as a cross rainer on zero resistance is so low impact and is so similar to walking that its okay to do, i'm not even getting any pain after this exercise. I promise i wont be stupid and the minute anything hurts i will stop, as for work i can't wait to go back as getting bored on my own at home and I will go back on a phased return for a couple of weeks, hope all is well with you xx
    • Posted

As long as you feel comfortable with what you are doing, just promise not to overdo things xx Maybe now at 14+ weeks I could think of trying the cross trainer again though I did walk to the shops today, only about a 10 min walk each way but by the time I got back I could feel a slight pain and a tugging sensation in my side rolleyes xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.