Looking for a restful sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

OK so it's 04:14 and I'm still kind of awake sighs, I'm looking at buying a new mattress and wondered if any of you lovely people had any ideas on which type that would be suitable in helping me get a really good nights sleep? 😀 Thankyou

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well when I first had Fibromyalgia I went out bought a Temperpedic Mattress and didn’t buy the deal if it doesn’t work out you can return it. Well that was a mistake, I tried to sleep 😴 on that mattress over and over but it seemed to hit every pressure point when I turned. Needless to say I don’t sleep 💤 in in it any longer, my poor hubby! Just make sure you really check them out good at the store, I didn’t that’s where I made my mistake. 

• Posted

I was thinking of trying the 100 days and if it wasn't for me return it, so expensive though, I've got a cool topper on my old mattress at the moment it kind of masks the bumps in the old thing for the moment, would that be an idea for you to get a plush topper? xx

• Posted

Try a memory foam mattress hun they are so comfy with Fibromyalgia
    • Posted

Would you recommend the cool touch with our adversity to heat and managing temp changes? xx
  • Posted

We bought an electric bed and mattress last year, it was pricey but sooo worth it, wherever your pain is playing havoc you can move your mattress to help, I always have the end up and the top slightly up so there’s no weight on my lower back.I .i sleep like a baby now, not good before ...it’s a queen bed..my husband doesn’t mind which way I have it..but you can buy king singles that go together..so each of you  can move whatever way you want....they only come with the best quality mattresses too..hope it helps..be blessed and have a good day.😍😍😍💐

• Posted

Keep looking on EBay and so forth to see if anyone is selling one off a bit cheaper, cos as you say they are expensive to say the least, and with a tempura mattress that will push it up through the roof although worth it, in the end with all the bits and pieces works out about the same price as a small car? xx
    • Posted

If you are in Oz, we bought ours at Harvey Norman 1/2 price end of financial year sale, off the floor, there are  new cheap ones out there even just a tempura mattress was half price too without the electric bed..😍😍😍🙏🙏

• Posted

Morning Christine, no not in Australia, am other side of the world in the UK, there are bargains and cash back to be had here too, its just catching them at the right time xx
    • Posted

Yeah know what you mean...maybe a nice mattress topper...don’t know if the sell them in tempura..qqqq..😂😍😍💐💐 I immigrated here from UK in the  late fifties with my family...👍

• Posted

Have been looking around and found a what they call a 3d effect medium cool memory foam mattress, at an amazing knock down price under £200 for a king size 5ft, originally £799 minimum, well as you can imagine, am going to give it a try at that price xx

• Posted

Go for it, sounds great...good price too, what a bargain, well done you..hope you like it and works well for you kazzy, be blessed and have a wonderful day and sleep..😍😍😍😍😍🙏💐

• Posted

Sorry jazzy forgot...you must get the Tempura mattress...it’s like a cloud..soft and fluffy😍

• Posted

My doctor is a physical therapist and I asked him we had a big pillow top king bed but it was just to hard for my back he suggested for me to get something soft so I got a really nice thick pillow top mattress and it’s kikr sleeping on a cloud I think the best thing to do is try a few out go bed shopping a lay on a few and some even do money back if your not happy I think for fibromyalgia we need soft for pressure points I also have a bamboo mattress protector wishing you all the best try before you buy 🙏??

• Posted

Thanks Donna, I think because we suffer with back pain we automatically think we need to sleep on something hard, ie a firm ortho, made that mistake miself in the past too. The top ever mattress I've slept on though I have to say and would pay just for a night to sleep on one is the Hypnos, the one Premier Inn use, wow it's like a mattress comfort blanket sleeping tablet rocker all in one amazing lol xx

• Posted

Absolutely you would think a firm ortho mattress would be good I also suffer really bad back pain and since getting a softer mattress it has changed my back pain the mattress topper I bought to put over the top mattress I got from the Groupon app bamboo topper it’s really beautiful to sleep on and just adds that extra softness the firm mattress we had that was a orthopaedic especially for back was just to hard on my pressure points my back has never felt better but I do have acupuncture done and my pain medication helps I take one before bed and one when I wake up fibromyalgia seriously sucks ❤️❤️❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.