Looking for advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all just adding to my last post l4/L5/S1 disc herniations for 2 yrs severe back bum up spine pain etc but last week or so if I walk up a set of stairs which takes a bit my legs go to jelly and feel like I've just stood up to quick and get sort of dizzy, if I sit up straight I find it hard to breath and lastly the down stairs area seems to be asleep if u know what I mean anyone else getting/ gotten these symptoms

Concerned and frustrated

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Concerned u should be, think u need to pay AE a vist describe all yr sypmtoms they should do an internal back passage examination they ask u to squeeze, if u can't I shid be sent down for a emergency MRI . Don't delay ur spinal cord could be affected, trust me it happened to me I was at hospital twice in one in one week they tried to fob me off until finally I couldn't walk or feel my back passage or bladder working had a emergency op for 2 bust collapsed disc 2013 .

• Posted

Yes I have exactly the same symptoms. I have L5 S1 bulge and minor bulges on the 2 disks above that. Spend most of the day lying down and I'm only 30. Isn't life fun?!!

• Posted

Yeah I'm hearing you it's debilitating and something hard to describe to other people the pain you feel sometimes hope you get yours sorted soon

• Posted

Thank you but the nhs have said there's nothing more they can offer me at this stage. When you say down there has fallen asleep would you mind explaining what you mean by that as I'm not sure if I should be concerted about my own issues down there if you know what I mean?

• Posted

Hey that's no good, what I mean with the down stairs area It's almost impossible to get aroused and if it does it's like for 20 seconds at the most and generally it almost feels like it's not even there most of the time that probably the best way to describe it

• Posted

Have they explained why they can't offer u more is it be cause of health reason or funding on there behalf ? I am not one to take no for a answer and I don't mean to be rude but u have to shout and shout some more these days for the help u need

• Posted

It's kind of my fault I was ment to have surgery in January this year but I've been told I'll need 12 weeks of work so I've been trying the conservative approach and it worked for a little while I have a new doctor who I'm seeing again tomorrow he has told me I will need to go back to surgeon and most likely have no option but to have it done I'm in Australia so have been looking into using my super to fund the expenses for the time off cause 12 weeks with no income is a long time that's the reason it's not been sorted already . Ps I haven't told the doctor about the downstairs issue yet either so might get into trouble lol

• Posted

Hi Jessica. Perhaps you can give me some advice. In August 2016 i was diagnosed with a bulging disk at L5 closely exhibiting the S1 nerve root and bursitis in both hips. The pain clinic have me a nerve root block and radio frequency pulsation at S1 nerve root site. I found it gave no relief. Since then they have offered me only Gabapentin and said I cannot have surgery because I can still walk and am not incontinent. I feel like I'm now stuck and have to accept that I will never get better. Do you have any advice on what I should do? Just so you know I have tried physiotherapy, osteopathy, Prolozone injections and I use a tens machine all day. I lie down most of the time.

• Posted

Gabriella, I do minimally invasive spine procedures.  What was your original incident/accident?  Tell me specifically what your MRI shows and what specific symptoms do you have?  Is it just low back pain or do you have pain/weakness/tingling/numbness in your legs.  
    • Posted

That is a load of rubbish I can still walk with a stick and am not incontinent and there still doing mine, the fact it affects yr quality of life and the pain u live with is mentally and physically debilitating. Yes why should I not be offered surgery. I would suggest going bck to yr Gp like I did I was in tears by this point and desperate for some relief. I said I paid £240 to see a private neurosurgeon and he can help me but I can't afford to go private. What's the chance of u referring me on the nhs he said no problem. I have a right to be seen where ever u choose . So my advise to you is go back to yr Gp don't take no for a answer and keep pushing them . Good luck

• Posted

Iam 40 I've suffered with my back from been 20 I've had one emergency operation in 2013 to remove 3 quarters of disc l4/l5 as they'd burst and collapsed. In two weeks s I am due spinal fusion and the complete removal of a knackered disc for the same reasons . I also have stenosis the joys and once one thing goes it's another iam a a knackered old car 😂Got to laugh or ud just cry 24/7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.