looking for some encouragement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Came off anti depressants 18 months ago as felt I was in a better place to deal with life and what it throws at us.

feeling quite sad and dissapointed that this week I made the decision to go back to doc and im back on them.

I felt so down for a while that awful black cloud was looming, I tried so hard to battle through . Finances , family health issues, the list goes on, have just

pushed me to the limit. I feel like im not as in control as I should be and its

scary. Cant stop thinking and over annalysing all the things that concern and worry me.

SO I have the tablets but scared to take them they are different to the ones I had last time. Used to take citalapram but doc has given me Fluoxetine.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

If you have got this far reading my entry Thankyou.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there

I find the constant worry so draining, therefore night time becomes hard

as I struggle to switch off. Going to work helps a bit as I have to get on and

its a distraction from the worry which leads to increased anxiety.

Feels like so many people are having such a tough time I always thought

that things would get easier for us . Just feels like one big battle.

Hope that things improve soon for all of us.

• Posted

It would be lovely if we could all say we are feeling better,but hey ho one day we will beat these demons but at least we have this forum to all befriends and try and support each other.
  • Posted

sky I look forward to the rare goods days,and try to make the most of them.As far as sleep I just try for an hr and then get back up for a bit.mirtazapine seems to help me but yet again its more drugs.
  • Posted

I quite agree Joan this site offers us the one thing we all need and thats to be in touch with people who get where we are at. Its a huge support welcomed by us all.

Hi Ian

Im hoping that once the meds are working I will be able to feel abit more like

my old self, and if they prove to be what I need I will have no hesitation in continuing with them for as long as they are needed. A nights sleep would be lovely.

Have you tried over the counter sleeping tablets ? I have thought about buying some but wonder if they would be ok to take with anti depressants.

• Posted

Ian - the rare good days will become more frequent good days with less down days.

Joan - i couldn't have put it better myself.

Sky - i'm on fluoxetine and it was ok to take over the counter sleep meds for me although i use diazepam when needed now.

The lack of energy, mood swings and sleep problems will even out with time. I've been on AD's for 6 years now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.