Loose bowel movements before period

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Not been on here for a while, but back with a new to me symptom sad I know my period is coming and have been experiencing very loose bowels for the last 3 days ! Just vile, is this normal/common ! So sorry it's such a horrible question ! Many thanks

Deb x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I get this to for about a week before and it is vile just another peri symtom I guess xx

Β 

• Posted

Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for your reply. Thank you for putting my mind at rest ! Isn't it vile sad I used to get very bad wind and this on top is no fun at all ! Do you take anything to help at all ?

Take care

Deb x

• Posted

Hi

No I don't take anything but have'nt looked into what we could take I think if it was all the time I would get some help and I also get the wind lol xx

• Posted

Hi Donna, yes hopefully it won't last, or maybe I will will just blow away !! Lol x
  • Posted

Hi Debbie yep I get that just like you. Just something else to try and cope with eh? ! Grrrr xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Louise,

Thanks for replying ! Not happy to hear you have it, but at the same time happy I'm not the only one and it's not unusual ? Just another horrible problem to deal with 😱

Take care

Deb x

• Posted

I always get loose stools before my period and I hate it. I've been getting this the past 4 years. I don't take anything for it because it's usually just at that time. Sorry I don't have any suggestions but you are not alone.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie,

So sorry you are suffering from this 😬 Do you find it stops once your period starts ? I feel completely drained from it ! It's normally first thing in the morning and last thing at night for the last 3 days ? It's very loose indeed ? Just sort of runs out ? Sorry to be so graphic I just wondered if this is normal or something else to worry about!

Many thanks

Deb x

• Posted

Unfortunately it's common. Mines is right before and a few days during the cycle. It's so annoying and yes it just runs out and makes me feel like I just need to stay seated on the toilet . I don't think it's anything you should worry about unless it becomes really bothersome for you and then you can run it by your doctor.
    • Posted

Thanks again for replying it's very kind of you and I really appreciate it πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸΌ hopefully it will stop soon once my period actually starts !

Take care x

• Posted

Hi debbie, i have had it for years just before my period ,i to was unsure and didnt say anything ti my friends then one day i thought they are friends i will ask and to my shock all my friends get it to. i asked the doc and she said it is normal now when it happens i think yeh a good clear out eek but true. we worry to much ,the best place to ask these questions is here, i have been on this site 6 months it was the best thing i did, i have calmed down so much good luck Β take care Β x karen
    • Posted

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear you've been having it for years 😱 What a nightmare ! I'm pretty sure given my other symptoms that my period is due, but then it's so unpredictable these days that I can't be sure, I'm really hoping it is so I can think that it's obviously connected ? I've had it for the past 3 days just a couple of times a day, does that sound similar to yourself ? Left me feeling even more tired than usual sad oh the joys x

• Posted

Yep. Had loose stools and stinky gas pretty much all week. I think it is part of peri.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply 😊 At least I know I'm not alone and it seems to be common ! Still it's not nice is it and leaves you feeling worn out

Deb x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.