Loose fusion screws

Posted , 6 users are following.

Update so far, I had an x ray about a month ago which showed at least 1 loose screw in my lumbar fusion from 14 years ago and was told I had failed back surgery (fusion never set) and that removal of the screws wasn't an issue but that's all he said and sent me for a CT scan which I have another 5 weeks to wait for results, anyway I received a letter this morning from the consultation regarding the X-ray and it says 

If the screws are loose I will not remove them as it will give her back pain.

Also I will not re fuse her as it didn't work the first time.

However as it stands regarding pain im at level 10, can't walk or stand as my back feels unstable and like I have an axe in my back that I can feel with the tiniest of movement.

So am I going to be left like this or do I have any other choices, I need help on where to turn next or I see no point in going on with debilitating pain, I'm 46 and have no quality of life, I can't go shopping or cook a meal for my family coming in from work, I can't pick any thing up if I drop it, if I take my back brace off I feel like I'm going to collapse on the floor because I can't hold my body weight up. I am so desperate right now, the thought of surgery scared me to death anyway but another user on this sight mentioned an LLIF opp which gave me a bit hope but I'm not sure that is an option anymore, just don't know what to do 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have same problem. any info would be grateful for further procedures.In US.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.