Losartan and side affects

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am a 77 year old and fairly fit male (yes, I am Mr MAC, but my wife and I have the same email address which means that I have to use my wife's detail when posting here). I have been taking blood pressure medication for almost 30 years, and have at various times been prescribed every type. 12 months ago, having returned to my GP complaining of severe tiredness, I was prescibed Losartan 25mg.

At first all seemed fine, blood pressure OK. I had plenty of energy. Then, about 3 weeks ago all that old tiredness came back. I would sleep a good 8 hours having taken my usual 10mg of Phenergan (Promethazine hydrochloride), get up, have breakfast then go back to sleep. I remained feeling tired all day.

Went for 30 minute brisk walk which was all I could manage all day.

By evening all that tiredness is back forcing me to lye down and watch TV all evening. I will have to return to the GP again, but cannot help feeling confused as just what to say, as I feel sure he will suggest that it is not the Losartan?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had a similar experience with fatigue. I was taking losartan 100 mg for over a year and just lately fatigue started to set in to the point where I could barely function. Also depression and anxiety. I went off it about a week ago and noticed an almost immediate difference (increase) in energy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.