Losing hope

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I have suffered with cfs for about 12 years now. I have managed to hold down a full time job (just). And I feel if I gave it up my symptoms would get worse and my body would just "give up". I've watched others where this was the case and their illness became their life and their only focus. I'm scared this would happen to me and I'm quite ambitious I love my job.

Is the anything anyone has tried that made any kind of difference to the fatigue? I recognise that certain foods worsen my symptoms (such as gluten) but having a healthier diet alone hasn't made much difference at all in terms of improving my symptoms.

Tried all the cbt and psychological treatments and this only made things worse.

I'm losing hope that I will ever get my life back. Any help of advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance .

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I take two Twinlab Daily One capsules a day which works extremely well for me. Each capsule contains 200 micrograms of sodium selenate. Food selenium usually is in the form of selenomethionine. Selenomethionine is metabolized via the transulfuration pathway. Sodium selenate bypasses the transulfuration pathway when used to synthesize proteins containing selenium. In chronic fatigue syndrome the transulfuration pathway is dysregulated. I avoid all mineral supplements chelated to amino acids especially glycine and I avoid megadosages of vitamin C. Lifelink use to sell sodium selenate as single supplement so I know that the sodium selenate is the relevant mineral.

I know this is a lot of information but one Daily One Capsule from Twinlab taken twice a day should have an almost immediate and very positive affect on symptoms of CF. Make sure the label says sodium selenate. There is no point in taking the Daily One Capsules beyond a week if the treatment does not work. As I said there is quick improvement. The proof is in the pudding.

Thomas

• Posted

Thank you Thomas! Not sure I fully understand what you have said but will take some time to look into it and process it properly 😃 much appreciated!

• Posted

Twinlab Daily One Capsules are out out of stock almost everywhere. Centrum Men contains 100 micrograms of sodium selenate. A couple of those a day could help out a lot.

• Edited

Hi,

I've had CFS/ME for about 11 years now and also just about managed to keep my full time job. I'm currently trialling several new supplements, but I've been taking spatone (liquid iron supplement) and an organic B12 oral spray every day for the last 3-4 months now and have found a slow, but gradual slight improvement in my health. I would recommend taking these two (don't have to be taken at the same time) if you haven't already.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice much appreciated and glad to hear you are experiencing some improvement from it. It all seems to be very much trial and error at this stage of the illness doesn't it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.