Losing my hair

Posted , 8 users are following.

OMG i've noticed my hair was getting thinner for a while but today i see my fringe is so thin and i can see my scalp.  I have longish hair which i tie up in a pig tail most days but i'm now thinking i should get it cut and try band hide my hairline.  I'm so upset this is happening my hair has always been nice.  Anyone else having this problem and if so what do you suggest. love to all xx

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes..I had the same thing happen to me about 4 months ago and would cry when I would get out of the shower. It become thin and stringy ..my girls would always say cut that mom! I wanted to hold onto any hair I had left. I never cut it but started taking pea protein every morning mixed in my coffee to kill the taste. I bought mine online for about 9 bucks. My hair is growing an thickening up...I don't go a morning without it now !! Hope this helps some...and try to relax it will grow back wink

Be blessed and big hugs to ya !

• Posted

thank you lovely blessed i will look into that pea protein. Its a horrid thing to lose your hair isnt it.  I'm not good at relaxing i always feel guilty for sitting down but i will try.  hugs all round x 
    • Posted

Your welcome and give it time it won't happen over night but you will start to feel the thickness of it growing back before long ...I also forgot to mention biotin is great for that too. I buy that on the same website in capsules form. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi hun

i have this problem

on and off ... 

Since April mine has blocked the plug hole and comes out on brush and is scary.

weird cuz i took Kelp before and it stopped .. Then i stopped the Kelp and it came out again..

i just had three inches cut off it .. And use those Pantene treatments in little gold twist capsules three in pack..my hair all shiny again too

and since the Kelp has kicked in its calmed again.

Kelp ( idodine of Kelp ) is for Thyroid health etc , and its also helps your hair.

i take 1000mg a day 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi anxious face

the hair treatments i use menioned earlier along with the Kelp

are Pantene Pro-V 1 Min Wonder Ampoules - Monodose Treatment 3x15ml

they are more of a treatment ( one minute) instead of using a conditioner, they are good and made my hair glossy again, less dry.

Kelp is the one thats stopped my hair loss 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi jay, Im going to look into the Kelp and the protene.  Is kelp a vitamin? i do worry about taking too many.

I've worn my hair down today and i cant see my hair line as much.  sending you love x

• Posted

Hi hun 

yeah kelp is a type of friendly iron boost ..

its sea kelp 

hope your okay 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi anxious face 

if anyone takes thyroid meds .. Then they shouldnt take Kelp..

otherwise its good supplement 

jay xx

• Posted

Kelp to maintain a healthy weight

Kelp, or Sea Kelp, is a group of plants known as brown algae. Although its name is a bit dull, this group of plants has very specific and versatile properties.

Kelp contains iodine – a substance important for normal thyroid function which in turn, helps the body maintain a healthy weight and vitality.

Sea kelp has been used as a food in many cultures and in healthcare for many centuries. Apart from its use to maintain thyroid function, kelp has also been used to help maintain normal growth and lustre of hair. 

• Posted

Oh I can relate to this one. I have always had hair on the fine side, but it is very worrisome to see the hairbrush fill up everyday, I fear I'll be bald before this is all over. I've considered hairpieces, but they just don't look natural on me and I don't want to call more attention to myself if at all possible.

To make this phase even more crazier, less hair on the head and yesterday while riding in the car with my husband, I discovered several (couldn't be just one, oh no!) stray, LONG whiskers of varying lengths on my face by mouth and chin area. The coarse white one really set me over the top!  cry

I was mortified, as I have or thought I had been diligent keeping up with that nonsense on a daily basis. It seems as though these cropped up from overnight and it is frightening and incredibly embarrassing. We had just left the grocery store, where of course we had run into people that I had not seen for a while. redfaceCan just imagine what might have crossed their minds looking at the pitiful sight I've become. Now I have a pair of tweezers tucked away in my purse, right next to my new compact magnifying mirror. 

Wish I knew what would make our hair stop thinning out during this time. I've googled it and haven't come up with anything that didn't seem like a scam in the end. May have to look into the Kelp Jay mentioned though.

Hugs to you!

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi annie 

every time i take kelp my hair improves 

kelp is good for thyroid health too ..

i take Kelp 1000mg super strength from simply supplements site 

i use there Menapol plus too for menopause 

The benefits of sea kelp

Nutrients: Sea kelp is a natural source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E, as well as minerals including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium. In fact it contains the highest natural concentration of calcium of any food - 10 times more than milk.

Weight loss: Iodine is a trace mineral vital for the operation of the thyroid gland which plays an important part in body development and metabolism. It combines with tyrosine - an amino acid - to create T3 and T4, thyroid hormones that regulate metabolism and other physiological functions throughout the body. As sea kelp is the richest natural source of iodine it can help to regulate metabolism and in turn affect weight loss and gain.

Additionally, a University of Newcastle study concluded that alginates - fibres within sea kelp - 'significantly reduce fat digestion' and absorption, much more so than most consumer slimming treatments. However, the findings are only preliminary.

Anti-ageing: The iodine content of kelp also appears to have other benefits. A 2008 study showed that the form of iodine in kelp effectively removed free radicals - chemicals that accelerate ageing - from human blood cells.Try Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa clay mask: therapeutic Dead Sea minerals and Dead Sea mud, nutrient-rich seaweed, and mineral-packed kelp to keep your skin nourished and moisturised.

Hair growth - There's plenty of anecdotal evidence suggesting taking sea kelp supplements can boost hair growth. Whether or not it actually boosts growth, it contains nutrients involved in hair health and strength, so it may help reduce split ends and breakages. 

• Posted

Hi jay! 

Wow!

Thank you for the added information. I am going to look into the Kelp and try it. Also, anything that will help limit or adjust my sudden weight gain (actually eating less than before but have gone up 2 dress sizes since beginning of year) is definitely worth a try. I'm also going to look at the Menapol plus, I've seen you mention it on other posts and sounds as though it has been a big help for you.

Now if there is anything to retard the growth of the hairs on the chinney chin chin, we'd really be in business! biggrin

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Annie 

chinny chin chin .. Hahaha 

i started taking Kelp in 2011 and my hair stopped falling out . Which was a bonus as i was taking it for thyroid health as always had cold hands and feet then and a Doctor I saw said try it .. So i did ..

my hair also got alot thicker and never came out ..

i carried on with it, but from Jan this year i stopped taking it, as couldnt find it here ( spain) but thought oh well i wont bother ..

ummm by April my hair was coming out like never before .. I even mentioned it on a new discussion on here but no one else seemed to be having this   problem or replied ..

anyway i restarted Kelp a month ago maybe 5 weeks ago and my hair isnt coming out much at all, before i had chunks of it in the wide tooth comb, it was in the plug hole, big clumps.. 

So Kelp 1000mg super strength really works for me, give it time to get in the body etc and it works well.. Infact i need to get another bottle of it from simply supplements soon

i get mt Vit E from there too 

good luck annie 

jay xx

• Posted

Use hot oil thrice in a week. It helps you in stop hair falling. smile
    • Posted

Hello Ru

is there a particular type hot oil that you recommend ..

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.