Losing weight

Posted , 8 users are following.

Prior to perimenopause I could basically go on a diet and lose 20 to 25 pounds in a month. Since peri and now I guess the full blown menopause, I eat 1500 sometimes 1400 calories a day and work out 4-5 days and guess what NO weight loss, I have not gained which is a good thing, but I have been trying to lose 30-35 pounds and honestly its easier to wrestle a grizzly bear than to lose 5 pounds. I am wondering if any of you are dealing with this issue too and what have you found that has helped? Thanks any comments or advice is appreciated. By the way, I love this board, no one else in my life understands. 

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a similar problem. I used to watch my calories and not lose even a single pound after hours of cardio. Then I looked around on some forums and found fat free rice and noodles that are yummy and seem totally healthy. I have started to see some weight lose over the last month - but let's just wait and see!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.