losing weight with hypothroidism

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with hypothroidism for 2 years now, i'm feeling way better with the medication, but SO hard to lose weight .... has anyone has success?

they say going gluten free will increase your metabolism rate and also help lose weight .....

i'm desperate to lose 15 kg to be healthier

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've just turned 15 and was diagnosed over a month ago and i've just been moved up to 50mg on levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism i have tried so many diets and exercise but just kept the same wieght i have cut down on portions and just eating healthy not drinking sugary drinks but the wieght wont shift i get plenty of exercise 
    • Posted

i'm in the same boat. i'm lucky to lose 200grams a week. your metabolism isn't working cause your thyroid isn't. you are young and don't want to be on medication for the rest of your life ay. i'm 28 and am fed up with pills, i've been to a naturopth. they treat you naturally, yes there is natural pills and drops to take but this is to get your thyroid working again, once it's working everything else will work like your metabolism which will shift the weight. i'm not a fan on natural remidies etc but quite a few people around me have been to this naturopath and are nearly off this levythyroxine. good luck ..... see a naturopath, they will tell you what they can do.
  • Posted

HI Cass. I have underactive thyroid and been on meds for about five years now. I joined a slimming club to get my weight down and also go to the gym this helps keep my weight ok you will have times when you feel very tired and sometimes I have mood changes but I have learnt to deal with them over time. Seek a bit more advice and start with a little change at a time. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.