Loss of appetite on citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've posted my situation on here a few times, but other than the anxiety the biggest issue for me is a complete loss of appetite. I've been on citalopram for over 8 weeks now (5 on 20 mg and over 3 on 30 mg) and from day 1 my appitite has gone. I suffered nausea side effects but since that's subsided my appetite hasn't returned. I'm surviving on a protein shake and toast in the evening. I've lost over 2 stone since this started. I can't bare the thought of food, I've tried. I can't even have the protein shake till later in the afternoon.

Has anyone else suffered like this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Victoria, I'm on the end of my 15th week of 20mg citalopram and my appetite is still on and off. It does come back more in the evenings. When did your appetite fully come back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.