Loss of energy after TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i had a TKR 10 months ago ever since i have felt sluggish, completely exhausted. Anyone else experienced this?

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

that must be tough , it really takes it out of you , i feel very tired but still have a child at home so have to get on , but if i want a sleep i take it , you could speak to your gp and ask him what you could eat to help you , but if your having problems with yout other knee it wont help , pain can make life hard work x
    • Posted

It must be really hard if you have a child to look after .bones healing must rake a lot out of your body. Lack of sleeping is my problem .really not too much pain only after 3 weeks , I keep expecting it to come back 
    • Posted

it shouldnt come back really and sleeping should be about to come back ,just keep doimg what you have been ,sounds like its working .
    • Posted

Thanks, yes do feel quite pleased with myself physio this morning, so see what she says 
  • Posted

Can't say I'm in too much pain, but discomfort certainly.  My knee really aches, especially in the evening.  Are you experiencing the 'tight band' sensation?  Physio says it is to be expected, but I find it most disconcerting as it happens out of the blue. Plus, when I get up in the morming, I feel that the knee is back to sqaure 1 again until I get going.  So frustrating.  Nowhere near confident enough to start driving again.  Oh well, a week is a long time in knee surgery recovery, and I might feel different in a week or so!
    • Posted

I did get the tight band pain it will subside after awhile. I still get subnificant swelling they say it takes a year to stop.  
    • Posted

i was told up to 2 years , how things change from one place to another ,i still wake up sore and stif but down a set of stairs and its ok , im told that once the other one is done i should get more from the first as it wont be doing all the work 
    • Posted

How long before we can try walking stairs like an adult ? I am still one at a time 
    • Posted

I was just under 5 weeks post op this week and physio has started me doing stairs step over step.  Finding it quite a challenge at the moment and only doing it going up.
    • Posted

Yes, I tried that today , I can manage up, but not down , I haven't tried a whole stair case yet though . 
  • Posted

Are you doing your daily exercises ? Discomfort yes, and the knee feels really tight as though I have a band around it .i do get aching at the back of the knee quite a lot . I yes use a lot of ice instead of pain relief and this does  help with the swelling .if I am walking a lot in a day , my knee is really swollen in the evening .you can also massage the back of the knee ask your physio about this, it does  loosen it up . Good luck 
  • Posted

Exercising religiously.  Was a bit slow off the mark.  Thought most of the recovery would happen on its own.  What a fool.  Now up to a variety of eight exercises.
    • Posted

I did buy a cryo cuff and ice box, pricey ,but I used it before I went in and still yes it now, it reduces swelling and eases pain so. Need less meds . I would recommend to everyone 
  • Posted

Icing has been my saviour.  Cryo cuff has been fantastic and my husband is still icing about every 3 hours for 10 minutes.  Would love ice during the night sometimes, but that is pushing my luck too far!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.