Lost myself somewhere!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hey lovely ladies, I'm so glad I've found this site as I've been feeling like I'm losing grip on reality! I haven't felt like me at all this year so far, I haven't had a period since last August, I turned 50 in September. I had hot flushes for a bit but they seemed to have stopped, however in their place I have experienced massive anxiety and cry at everything (I mean everything) I feel so low sometimes and feel like things are unreal. The dry/burning mouth is horrendous and I used to love chocolate and now can't eat it! Would love the old me back, hope she hasn't gone forever. Thank you for allowing me to join this group....it is making me feel less scared ❤️

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

oh it is scary at first!! honey, we are with you.

There is another discussion An Unpleasant Taste in My Mouth, sounds a lot like your problems.

These feelings of anxiety associated with low hormone levels - you might think about going on hrt, hormone replacement therapy. And you have to really focus on your health, now, generally. Eat right, exercise, rest a lot . . . it's all very hard to do when you have anxiety, I know!! And don't be ashamed to go on anti anxiety medications, a lot of us do. Caffeine, sugar and alcohol all contribute to bad nerves, and too many carbs. 

So glad you came here, big hugs to you.

• Posted

Thank you so much Jennifer, it's so nice to know that I'm not alone.

It is really scary and I was given anti anxiety tablets by my doctor, I would rather try and see if I can manage without if at all possible. I've read a book on alternatives to HRT but felt useless as it was all about healthy eating (I am the biggest sweet tooth person ever) so not the best book I've ever read!!

I've started taking Vit B6 so hopefully that'll help.

Thanks again Jennifer...big hugs in return 💕

• Posted

I started experiencing the "Foggy" feeling along with being unable to concentrate....which led to anxiety. I read up on vitamin B6 and started taking 100mg a day. It has really helped with those feelings! I also had hot flashes for awhile but have subsided. They were a bit easier to handle tan all this mental stuff. I'm so happy to have found this site! It's comforting to know we're not alone with these horrible symptoms and that we're not going crazy!! Hang in there Marley1.....we'll all get through this together!!!❤️
    • Posted

Thank you Pat...it is really horrible and I have to keep checking that I'm actually still me! It came out of the blue for me...I seemed ok last year and then like a sledge hammer whoosh!! Take care Pat and keep me updated....it's so great to know we are all in the same boat in uncharted waters, feeling without a life raft at times!

Sending you hugs 💕

• Posted

I haven't felt like myself for about a year and a half. Right after i had my daughter i started having all of these symptoms too. It is scary but this forum has been such a tremendous help in getting through all of this.
    • Posted

Hey Sharcerv, I'm am glad I found this site too.

Makes it slightly easier to deal with the waves of emotions knowing you're not alone.

Sending you a hug 💕

• Posted

Hi Marley

I to am in menopause and have experienced anxieties. Yes i feel like I am falling apart at times myself.

Just hang in there it will get better

• Posted

Hey Susan

Let's hope so lovely and it reading the messages on here definitely help. I keep reminding myself that sometimes you have to fall apart in order to get all your pieces back in the right order....I'm hoping this is true. At least we all have each other for support.

Sending love ❤️

• Posted

hi marley1 and ladies i can relate to what you are goin thru maybe all of us ..... changing your eating plans is hard as i too love chocolate....but keep reading these comments it will pull you thru such a lovely site....hang on in therelol
    • Posted

Thank you Lorna, I feeling less alone after all these lovely messages.

Thank you Lorna 💕

• Posted

Hi marley welcome to the group

i am sure you will feel yourself again ...i too have massive anxiety and i worry about anything and everything which doesnt help ..this peri/menopause really keeps us on our toes every symptom is horrendous and gets in the way of a "normal life"...i am 54 and in post menopause when i started peri i didnt have a clue what was going on and i wish i had found this site then. I was back and forth the doctors with symptoms galore which wasnt really explained to me at all ..i felt like a hypochondriac lol..

dont feel scared ,you are not alone ans im sure your love for chocolate will return as will the old you ...😊x

• Posted

Thank you for your message Suessum, it's a real rollercoaster to say the least!

I've been reading that these symptoms can go on for years!! I must stop reading and just go with each day as it comes!

Hugs to you Suessum 💕

• Posted

Marley I too understand how you feel.  I don't have the burning mouth but many, many other symptoms.  Anxiety is awful and I am going through a terrible phase just now; every twinge in my body is something serious!!!  I have just started HRT and it has helped with some physical symptoms and internal rages but I am now anxious about being on HRT....vicious circle!!!!  I am just hoping it settles.  Natural things are worth trying too and I did take supplements for a few months but had to resort to HRT.  Keep up with the site it will help you.  Take care.XXX
    • Posted

Thank you Margaret, everyone is so lovely on here and I'm so glad I found it...it's like my holy grail!

Thank you again Margaret 💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.