Lost myself somewhere!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hey lovely ladies, I'm so glad I've found this site as I've been feeling like I'm losing grip on reality! I haven't felt like me at all this year so far, I haven't had a period since last August, I turned 50 in September. I had hot flushes for a bit but they seemed to have stopped, however in their place I have experienced massive anxiety and cry at everything (I mean everything) I feel so low sometimes and feel like things are unreal. The dry/burning mouth is horrendous and I used to love chocolate and now can't eat it! Would love the old me back, hope she hasn't gone forever. Thank you for allowing me to join this group....it is making me feel less scared ❤️

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Marley,I was exactly the same a year ago .Every little thing got to me in fact it took me all my time to get out of bed in the morning I just wanted to stay in bed where I felt safe from the outside world. Even walking to the local Supermarket gave me panic attacks and a desperate need to be back home in the safety of my four walls. I also had a dread of being seriously ill....every ache, pain , even a cough I was convinced was Cancer and I was going to die . These are all symptoms of  perimenopause and it does get easier ,I still have the odd panic especially if I'm traveling to a new area I,ve never been to but no where near as bad as I felt before .We are here for you whenever you feel down remember that.I do so love this group I'm a newbie to and all the people here are so kind friendly and full of advice and understanding biggrin
    • Posted

Hey Rachel, thank you for your message.

It is actually comforting that we are not alone in our thoughts etc as a problem shared is definitely a problem halved.

A hug for you Rachel 💕

• Posted

Hi I'm new to the site too

I've experienced excruciating back n now experiencing it in both my knees I've asked to be referred bk to see my consultant as he offered a wash out of my knee if the pain didn't subside I've got an appt for nxt week n today the left knee feels settled just stiffness but the right 1 is terrible toothache type pain only 50times worse I saw my gp as I wasn't feeling 100% & pointed out I ? I cud be menopausal blood test shown my FSH stimulating hormone was high n shouldn't be so he put me on a low dose of HRT I feel better in myself like you I cried a everything n nothing n felt really down in feb I sat for days in my Dressingown not wanting to do anything or go anywhere as the pains in my legs where horrendous that seems to have subsided slightly but pain still there I'm trying to forget about it but can't it's constant

Hope you get sorted n we will all keep each other going on here smile

• Posted

Hey Carolmay, I'm sorry to hear about your pains.

I actually got some magesium spray from Holland and Barrett and I'm not joking when I say it's like a miracle but it really really helped with my back and shoulder!

I went to an osteopath and he achieved nothing, whereas this spray did the trick!

Hope this helps you in some way.

Hugs to you 💕

• Posted

So sorry I think I misspelt your name.

So need glasses too!!!

Sorry Carolmayhew ❤️

• Posted

Lol don't worry I have had worse I'm not bothered about a misspelling

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Marley, 

i completely agree  - I'm 51 and in peri - I've driven to the airport and almost left the suitcases by the car, find concentrating really hard and worry about things that I would have taken in my stride a couple of years ago. I go upstairs but come down without the thing I want up for, and my partner thinks I've lost the plot sometimes because I say stupid things or fail to even follow a simple list. Sometimes it all feels overwhelming, then I have good days. The best thing I have found is this site, aswell as a sense of humour - some of the stories we girls can tell! If you try to tell yourself that this is scary but is just a new stage of your life, that you accept you are worrying, or tearful but you know it's out of character and is down to hormones, it can at least give you some comfort whilst you're sobbing! Might sound a bit mad, but then I guess we are! The great thing is, there are loads of us out there doing stupidl crazy and messed up things - and if you go off this ŵebsite and into a supermarket, or onto the street, just imagine how some of those together - looking people are really hot, sweaty, confused tearballs of women like us, trying to hold it together! Good luck, keep reading! 

• Posted

I'm loving your name Madmarilyn! I might add the mad bit to my name as it seems very apt for my character these past few months!

You're right about needing a sense of humour during this transition, I never ever thought I'd feel this way and it is completely overwhelming. I seem to have two sides to my brain...the logistical and totally irrational and it flips between them at the drop of a hat...it only takes someone to say something and woosh there it goes!! It's so great to meet fellow likeminded people on the same journey!

Sending you a mad hug 😜

• Posted

Hi Marley, 

i renamed myslef self as part of the 'peri humour therapy' - I call it PHT - it honestly helps! I have days when it's all Mad Marilyn, and nothing goes right, and others when I feel more like my old self. I do have days when I get a feeling of dread or anxiety about the day ahead for no reason, and that's when I try to acknowledge that I may be feeling it, but I can also tell myself that although it feels awful, it's just another part of the whole process of meno pause, and isn't real. 

This forum is great for humour in the face of adversity - we can all use our stories of losing the plot as a source of fun and unity, then try to go back to our day jobs! Wishing you well, and a big smile - next time you feel anxious, try a bit of PHT and come here for a read! 

• Posted

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊omg ladies yous have beautiful sense of humor it always makes me feel better coming on here.... Cos one part there I thort I was going looney😊😊😊 an I can relate to all of yous...peri-menopause... Anxiety not pretty ...........but to Marley an everyone else we will get thru this thanks for sharing😇😇😇
    • Posted

Hey Lorna, it's good to be a bit of a looney as it gets you through life!

My memory is so bad it just took me 10 mins to get back on here as I forgot my password!!

Madmarilyn is absolutely right about PHT I'm so trying that out....although sometimes the anxiety is so bad it's hard to remain horizontal and I hear my duvet calling my name!

This is such a great site and it is amazing to be able to say how you feel without anyone giving you that look 😳 I'm sure you ladies can identify with that!

I've decided it's just my body re-wiring itself and sometimes they get put in the wrong socket...I need a new electrician I think!!

Lots of love to you all on this rollercoaster of emotions and remember Girl Power ✌️

• Posted

Hey Jennifer, laughter is the best medicine.

Hope that you're doing ok.

If your wiring is in better shape than mine can I have the name of your electrician? 😜

Sending you hugs 💕

• Posted

Thanks Marley ...... An you take care lol lol the electrician that's a crack up😛😝😜😛😝😜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.