Lost myself somewhere!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hey lovely ladies, I'm so glad I've found this site as I've been feeling like I'm losing grip on reality! I haven't felt like me at all this year so far, I haven't had a period since last August, I turned 50 in September. I had hot flushes for a bit but they seemed to have stopped, however in their place I have experienced massive anxiety and cry at everything (I mean everything) I feel so low sometimes and feel like things are unreal. The dry/burning mouth is horrendous and I used to love chocolate and now can't eat it! Would love the old me back, hope she hasn't gone forever. Thank you for allowing me to join this group....it is making me feel less scared ❤️

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, sounds like me Marley, I too turned 50 last year, in October, and no periods since last August, the anxiety has been horrendous, and paranoia for me too. Feeling like everyone is against me etc. I have started using serenity cream again after a break from it, and after an initial flare up of symptoms, I am now beginning to feel better. Also went to see my go as I have to pee all the time! (Oh joy) so am now using a vaginal cream co twining small amounts of estero fen. There is help out there, e en if you don't want to use full blown HRT 😊
    • Posted

GP that should have said 
    • Posted

Bless you Lisa, it is amazing what hormones can do to the body.

I know what you mean about paranoia, mine is more of a massive loss of confidence.

I was never bothered what others thought and now it's a big deal.

I've never heard of that cream? Where do you get it from? Maybe I could try that and see if it helps.

Glad you're feeling better and this site definitely helps as it takes away the feeling of hypochondria!

Take care Lisa 💕

• Posted

its made by wellsprings, you can buy it on the internet serenity natural progesterone cream, might be worth a try, I find it helps me. But I did also have about 6 months off it, then just started it again recently. 
    • Posted

apologies for really bad typos in my first post, hope you could get the gist of what it was meant to say! lol
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, I'll look out for that.

I had to take another day off from work today as woke up with bad anxiety.

My tongue was feeling weird and on closer inspection I found what looks like an ulcer at the back underneath....something else to add to my list of worries.

I've just started taking B6 and B12 alongside Vit D so maybe it's to do with that....or my wiring has had another short circuit!

Would love to see the end of the tunnel...if only I could find the tunnel!!

Big Hugs ❤️ X

• Posted

😞 Marley1 hope your feeling better soon

Nothing worse is there

I've had a bad day today not with anxiety with knee pain nipping n aching shooting pains up my leg & down my leg dull ache type pain I've got an appt in the morning to see the consultant I saw in march he said my pain is ? Due to arthritis but if it carried on he be happy do orthoroscopy n take a look make sure nothing a miss but it's which knee to look at as both as had as each other so don't know what gunna happen but I need some answers to what this excruciating pain is sad x

• Posted

Have you tried magesium I can honestly say it worked for my knees, back and shoulders.

It's worth a try lovely.

It could be the weather too as that can have an effect on arthritis...My Nan used to get me to rub Olbas Oil on her knees when she was in pain...I've tried that too and that seems to work also.

I've stupidly gone onto google and checked out my ulcer and now I think it's something sinister!! 😬 Sometimes this journey isn't all it's cracked up to be....next time round I'm coming back as a man!!

Hope you feel better soon lovely.

Big hug 💕

• Posted

No not tried magnesium

Started some vitD & Calcium today along with everything else good god I'll be rattling next

Yes mist defo I'll come bk as a man to x

Thanks for your suggetions but I've had this pain n discomfort in my knees since beginning if February n rapidly lost mobility for about 5 days

Was then left with excruitiating pain n clonking n clicking n grating in my knees it's horrendous feels like an elastic band being pulled n twisted every which way to it's limits terrible

But I'll kp the olabus oil in mind smile

Thank you xxx

• Posted

Rattling is good lovely at least people will know you're there!

Bless you it's hard all of this isn't it.

I remember all I worried about was my hair looked good and my nails matched my toe nails...how times flies! Although I read a great quote say that time flies but the good news is you're pilot!! Although I'm definitely on auto pilot 😬

The magesium you can get in a spray lovely, so no added rattle.

Let me know how you get on at your appointment...Good luck and I'll be thinking of you.

Love MJ X 💕

• Posted

Thanks Marley

I'm gunna give the magnesium a try after reading up on it and the probs it can cause if low I answered yes to nearly all the questions lol anything is worth a try eh,

Yes I'll let you know

Thanks xxx

• Posted

Hi Marley1

Had my appoint this morning

Consultant decided to have a look inside my knee after looking at MRO scan he was going to do knee replacement but decided I'm to young if I'd been 10-12 yrs older he wud have done 1 but feel this procedure should be done 1st then see how I get on

Booked in for week on Tuesday for arthroscopy smile but sad I cud have had this done weeks ago but was told see how yu go but smile it being looked at now xx will keep you updated

• Posted

Bless you lovely.

It's hard to understand sometimes why these things take longer than they should!

At least now they are taking steps to sort it (better late than never)

You'll soon be dancing round your handbags at the disco 💃

Sending you a hug lovely and take care.

Keep me updated.

❤️ X

• Posted

Lol I like yur dancing round handbag side good god been many years since I Did that lol

Yes will do to updating you xxxx

• Posted

Hi I'm new to the group. I've been reading some posts/ replies on here what a lovely group of people you are!

im 46 and recently diagnosed as peri menopausal. My doc tried to put me on Prempak c . I did take them for 2 months but felt terribly bloated so ive stopped taking them . That was a month ago and I feel awful again. My main symptom is feeling sad. Not just a little bit sad but sad to the point where I want to be alone .. I can't listen to the news or any slow songs on the radio as I know it will set me off. I hate myself and have driven some friends away with my constant excuses of not wanting to go out. I think some have finally got bored of me. 

As I type this im alone again in my bedroom- fending off 3 children who are getting used to their mum going to bed at 7.30pm. I love my children and husband and I'm worried I will drive them away too. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? X

• Posted

Hi Mandy welcome to this site, it is an amazing find and will really help you.

I also feel completely sad and some days I can't even manage to get out of bed....my duvet is my best friend.

Try and explain things to your husband and show him this site, my partner is 10 years younger than me and a big northern bloke, who sees everything in black and white but over these past few weeks he's realised what I'm going through and has been really supportive. I do not have children, so cannot advise what to do there but I'll leave you with this....if a flower can teach itself to bloom after the winter, so can you.

We are all here to help Mandy, just pop on here whenever you feel down, it'll really help I promise.

Sending you a well deserved hug 💕

• Posted

Hi Mandy ..welcome.to the group

I too feel really sad some days ...my husand has been fantastic and my rock ..at first he didnt understand but I had a breakdown in 2013 ...and he was amazing and been so ever since ...so explain to your hubby how you are feeling and what you are going through and how the awful peri/menopause affects you ..im sure he will understand ..dont go through this on your own ..and you will always have us ladies too ...

Hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.