Lots of small white bumps on vagina, itchy and sore to the touch. What is it? Please help

Posted , 21 users are following.

I had unprotected sex a day ago with a partner I've been exclusive with for a couple months now, I didn't wash or clean my vagina immediately after sex and only got to shower the next day. I have had some problems with irritation from shaving recently, but today I felt itchy down there, and my vaginal lips are sore to the touch and almost a little swollen. Please look closely at the attached pictures, there are all these small white bumps/dots on my vagina. Can someone please tell me what this could be? I'm very stressed out about it.

Thank you!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hmmm. Definitley contact a doctor about this. If its itchy you may have a problem with herpes or genital warts. If your not itching or dont have any symptoms relating to any std you may have a problem with something else less scary
    • Posted

I do feel some itching and some light stinging/soreness. Doesn't worsen when I pee though. I was looking up what it could be online and at least from the pictures I saw this doesn't really look like herpes or genital warts? Or is there still a high possibility that this is what it is?

• Posted

Some spots look like fordyce spots but they are not painful or itchy - I would see your doctor asap to have them take a look. There looks to be an open wound or peeled skin on the first picture and a few prominent bumps
    • Posted

Yes, I also noticed what looks like a wound or peeled skin. I remember having some super light bleeding, just a streak of light red on some toilet paper when I was wiping after peeing last night right after sex. The itching and soreness/pain only began late today. Any idea what it might be? I'm a student and won't be able to see my gynecologist until later next week due to scheduling issues. 

• Posted

yea i noticed the bleeding to thought it was normal but i didnt get my pain to days after

• Edited

Has anything been happening to you since you engaged in intercourse? Pain of any sort? Does it hurt to pee? Anything at all?
    • Posted

Yes, I can feel itching and some soreness/pain around my vagina. I've also been having some white creamy vaginal discharge. It doesn't hurt more to pee than it already does just sitting around, like a light stinging and itching 

• Posted

Doesn’t look or sound like herpes . And when you describe white discharge , that’s a yeast infection that causes the same symptoms as herpes 
    • Edited

Thanks for the reply! I attached an image (I apologize for how graphic it is) that shows more clearly the white bumps, a lot of them near my vaginal opening and it seems like there are also some inside. It also shows the kind of white discharge I have. Does anyone have a better idea of whether if this could be herpes or just an yeast infection? I never had either before. 

Super super worried :{ and again, my doctor's appointment isn't until next week and I'd really like to get some more information on the situation before then.

• Posted

Girl that’s not herpes! That’s a yeast infection , I have the same thing before and looked he same way. Deff thrush don’t worry about it and the discharge look like cottage cheese. You probably irratated it by scratching and yeast infection causes soreness and burning. That was me ! Lol couple months ago been dating my boyfriend and had the same thing and went to get tested and was a yeast infection , I wouldn’t worry at all
    • Posted

Watch when you take the cream for yeast and see how your vagina will be back to normal but deff sound like yeast infection !And most deff looks like it 
    • Edited

And the fact that you never have one will also scare you that you have something els but nope that’s the symptoms for yeast infection look it up and look up pictures doe looks exactly like yours and describe the symptoms 
    • Posted

thanks so much! I googled symptoms for yeast infection and I think like you said I fit the symptoms pretty exactly, and my discharge does have a slight beer/bread-like odor so it's probably definitely yeast infection. It's just all the little white bumps made me think it was some sort of blisters or sores like herpes or genital warts. But you're right it's probably just from the overall irritation.

thx again

• Posted

I have those sort of bumps - I was scared when I noticed them but they turned out to just be Fordyce spots/normal bumps. Some vaginas are smooth, some are bumpy, they’re all unique :-)
    • Posted

Deff couldn’t be warts , and deff

Couldn’t be herpes. Either fordye spot englarge due to the yeast infection or the yeast infection causing eveything which I am sure that’s what it is because the the discharge look like yeast , you fine girl I jsr get over the counter yeast cream until the doctors appointment so you don’t continue to irrate it and itch it 

• Edited

you may also have a Bv which is Bacterial Vaginitious. the doctors told me when they did a swab down below that is indeed what i had... they also said every female will get it once in there life. they should give u an antibiotic that u can take 2wice a day but u cant drink alcohol with this medicine either. Metronidazole 500mg thats what they gave me.. and it cleared up within 4 days. much better relieved

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.