Low back pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had steroid injections into my SI joints in my back 6 days ago. Initially things seemed good. However I now have some back pain again plus soreness in the SI joint area. Anybody had these injections and if so did they work for you and approx how long did they take to kick in? Any feedback would be gratefully received. Have got ice on my back at the moment, but don't know whether this is right or not.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Soxy is I just want to say that I do not agree with kett87 at all. If the first one doesn't work does not mean the 2nd or the 3rd or the 5th won't work. Yes there are risks involved in getting the injections. But sometimes my injections worked and sometimes they don't just as I said in a previous post. But just because the first one does not work does not mean it's time to abandon this type of treatment.

• Posted

Hi amkoffee you are rite to say that like me there tryed everything but did not work. It has taken a long time for me to give in to say I c'not do much as I done mine in 98 had opp 2000 but did not work so 16 year later the put a stimulater in but still in pain.

• Posted

I'm sorry your surgery didn't work to resolve your pain but I hear that a lot. I gotten to the point where I wonder if anybody has ever had permanent relief from their pain with surgery. My sister-in-law has a stimulator implanted and she gets good pain relief with it. It sucks that it doesn't work for you.

• Posted

Hi amkoffee the stimulater works brilliant takes the pain away from the back of the legs but not to the feet.as for my back OMG keeps getting stuck and stops me going the toilet I have got Bulgen dices at the bottom of my back ther think my siatker nerve is get trapped then I cnot move my left leg nerve pain is the worst pain to have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.