Low heart rate with propranolol

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi, my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol twice a day. My heart rate went down to 48. My resting heart rate is between 58 and 65 without propranolol. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. 42yr old male. Took propranolol 10mg for the first time yesterday (for Tachycardia/svt) and at first I was fine but I got worried because my normal resting hr is about 67-75 and I was worried that it was gonna go lower than that and it surely did. I woke in the middle of the night because I was worried about it dropping low so I checked it and it was at 57.. it sort of scared me and now im afraid to go back to sleep because it might drop lower when I get more comfortable? My bp is sort of all over the place since I first took the med yesterday so that part is confusing.  Rite now im at 66hr and 116/72bp which is ok but earlier my bp was 101/69 then high then low again.. Im wondering if it would be ok if I just took half of the 10mg twice a day instead? 
  • Posted

Hi I am 69 my doc prescribed me with 80mg once a day my heart rate is 54 BPM. Is 80mg to much. I take it for stress and anxiety also for Migraine with aura which brings on the Anxiety.
  • Posted

A late reply but my heart rate has gotten as low as 42 but the key thing is how you feel.  I am able to do my usual exercise when taking propranolol and work as hard as I did before.  The one annoying thing I've definitely noticed is that I get cold easier.

• Edited

doc give me 10mg propranolol i was on it for 2 days brought my heart low 36 resting i was dizzy i came of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.