low or high stomach acid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone please tell me how do I know if I have low stomach acid or high stomach acid. Because I don't feel active I feel dizziness , bloating after lunch and nausea. Right know am taking rebeprazole sodium IP my GP has suggested me that. I need help

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What are you eating kunal ?Try adjusting your diet and see if your symptoms change. Also it is a good idea to take walks after dinner. It helps clear the bowels and increases circulation. Are you eating enough fiber ? Diet is critical !
    • Posted

Fibre intake at the moment is a little low , and I do cycling in the evening and after dinner I take a 15 mins speed walk .., I never had this issues before but from the last 3 months its juz not getting better ., one wrong food choice and it comes back to the beginning
    • Posted

I would go back to doctor and ask him if you have gall stones. You are exercising which is good but something is not in line in your body. Go to a gastrointestinal dr. and ask a lot f questions. I wish you the best ! Let us know !
    • Posted

I did ultrasonography for gallstone ., no gallstone found its normal but yes something is just not in line maybe or its the medication ., or the infection in the stomach is not totally cleaned 
  • Posted

You can test either your stomach has high acid or low acid, in the morning with empty stomach even before brushing add 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda to 250mls lukewarm water. Drink the mixture until your stomach gets full of it. Now it's burp time If you burp before 1 min your stomach acid is too high and If you burp between 2-3mins you have slightly low levels of stomach acid If you burp between 3-5 mins your stomach acid is low. Anything comes after 5 mins then it would be fine. 

• Posted

My GP has prescribed me Rabeprazole sodium IP can that be the reason of low stomach acid may be that is why food takes longer to digest can it be that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.