low right sided ibs pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I Have suffered for years with ibs usually lower left side. This year I have ha couple of right sided flares. The pain is low in pelvis and groin fairly constant. Have had pelvic ultrasound and abdo ultrasound all clear. Get told just ibs but it is awful and I worry if its something worse.

Has anyone else had their symptoms change or has right sided pain with ibs everything says only on left I am very anxious.

Thanks

Maria

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Maria

My name is Colleen, I have be suffering for nearly 8 months with my stomach it's ruining my life I know that sounds dramatic but its true, I have had so much time off work, I feel too unwell to go out with my family or friends its horrible. The pain is down right side really low down but today its on right. I have had loose stools for ages now. I have had MRI. CT scans which are clear, endless gynae tests also all clear, 2 years ago I had colonoscopy which showed divaticular disease & few polyps were removed. I am terrified I have cancer as I lost my Aunty to bowel cancer. I feel nauseous all the time, cramps, wind. When I wake up I pass small amount of stool then after I eat I have major BM very loose & that goes on all through day no matter what I eat & cramps are so bad. Does any of that sound familiar to anyone, I'm 62 & on my own so need to work full time. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Maria

My name is Colleen, I have be suffering for nearly 8 months with my stomach it's ruining my life I know that sounds dramatic but its true, I have had so much time off work, I feel too unwell to go out with my family or friends its horrible. The pain is down right side really low down but today its on right. I have had loose stools for ages now. I have had MRI. CT scans which are clear, endless gynae tests also all clear, 2 years ago I had colonoscopy which showed divaticular disease & few polyps were removed. I am terrified I have cancer as I lost my Aunty to bowel cancer. I feel nauseous all the time, cramps, wind. When I wake up I pass small amount of stool then after I eat I have major BM very loose & that goes on all through day no matter what I eat & cramps are so bad. Does any of that sound familiar to anyone, I'm 62 & on my own so need to work full time. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Colleen, I am so sorry as I know what you are going through.i had exactly the same thing. Last ct october all clear. I believe there is a valve icv google it which explains our symptoms. With all your tests you CAN rest assured you do not have cancer. I fear like me you now have health anxiety which is awful. The pains are real but we worry so much it makes everything worse. All I can say after months and when I finally relaxed a bit it eased and went. It will return as I have had it before. No meds helped I did buy some self hypnosis dvds aimed at ibs and was very cynical but it was after that they eased. It is so hard in these circumstances and I know I could not have worked so good on you. It can take time but remember all those clear tests. I am in the middle of another worry as I have pains between spine and shoulderblade and despite a ct on chest 4 months before still worry. So I do understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.