Low white blood cell count - could this be associated with GS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

So further to my earlier thread. Had another set of blood tests taken before Christmas. Surgery phoned today with the results and said my 'infection fighting' (white) blood cell count was slightly low.

Doc phoning me next week to discuss.

Does anyone know whether this could be as a result of GS?

Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, alan26937. White blood cells should be high in order to fight infection. I suggest you to take blood tests on copper, vitamins b9, b12. From my experience low copper lead to low white blood cells and neutrophils counts. Did you eat food with high vitamin C content 1-2 weeks before your blood test? Vit C can lower copper. And yes, it can be result of gilbert syndrome if you have issues with detoxification because body need more copper in order to detoxify itself and copper absorption is inhibited if you have gut issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.