lower abdominal pain , lower back pain , groin & testical ache.any advice appreciated

Posted , 16 users are following.

hey everyone im a 21 year old male & around three weeks ago i started getting really bad groin/pelvic pain this is not painful to touch but kind of a inside pain (this pain is always there.

along with this comes lower back pain and a testical ache that comes and goes

i went to my gp who thought it was IBS (i done a stool sample and results came back fine)

i was then admitted to hospital for 2 days where the pain was unbearable i had a blood & urine test where they found no signs of infection.I then had an xray & ultra sound on my stomach ( everything came back fine) i was then sent home as they couldn't find anything wrong with me.

within a week i then went back to my local doctors where he thought it was epididymitis and he gave me doxycycline , he also advised me to get a std check ( i went and had multiple tests for stuff like chlamydia , gonorrhea & hiv the lot....and everything came back negative ) ive now finished all of the doxycycline and the pain is still here.

has anybody experienced any pain like this or can anybody give me some advice of what i should do ? 

any sort of feedback would be greatly appreciated .

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your case is rare, I don't think I have ever came across something like it..... Maybe its anxiety you know? Like when we are stressed out and anxious we pick up on every little change in our body thinking is something bad. If you have been to the doc countless times and nothing comes up then my advice is to simply rest and wait for this to blow over.

?If it dosent stop maybe you should try a different doctor, cheers smile

• Posted

Thanks for your replies

Brian-I have never really been an anxious person and the pain feels serious and doesn't seem normal to be caused by stress.

Howard-I haven't been checked for a hernia , ive been booked to see a urologist to have a scan on my lower abdomen, pelvis & testicals also had to have a blood test ( they are looking for anything to do with tumours or cancer just to eliminate the possibilities) 

Will update the thread with the results just in case anyone else has these sort of symptoms 

• Posted

Hi hh100, 

Hope you’re getting on ok .

I just thought I’d reply as I had these symptoms 8 years ago . I was constantly going to the doctors , trying every antibiotic and tests but nothing worked . I’m not sure what triggers it but I came to the conclusion that it’s a lot of things can cause this issue . 

Anyway , not sure if this will work for you but it helped me so you could try it .

Basically - massage gently your ‘vas deferens’ . If you google the where abouts in the testicle these are you’ll find them . I’m not sure what it is that’s happened but I think they can sometimes twist causing pain to radiate around all of the testicle round to the lower abdomin . 

Let me know how you get on as I know it can really get you down as I had my ache for 12 months before I knew . 

• Posted

Hey, have you checked to see if it’s varicocele, my son has had pain in his lower left side abdomen and left testicle, was tested for infection, kidney stones etc. He had another scan today, turns out to be varicocele. Abnormal veins in the scrotum, he said it seems to hurt more when he’s resting, it’s similar to varicose veins
    • Posted

Hi there

My hubby is being investigated for varicocele. Get full test results Friday. Dont know much about it yet but we have been told surgery will be the treatment.

• Posted

I have exactly your symptoms and it turned out to be a varicocele in the left scrotum including blood clots. It was diagnosed with scrotal ultrasound though sometimes hey don't show up but are still there. My problem flares up after sex or sitting on hard surfaces. I take an antibiotic for it called Keflex which works great and no side effects. You might see an interventional radiologist who can fix this problem easily. He  can also better diagnose your problem using a venogram.

• Posted

Did you get this resolved as I am suffering with exactly to same symptoms?
  • Posted

I am having same problem for last 1 week. All my reports are normal. However i used to do heavy workout but do not know the cause.. i am still have pain in both testes , lower abs and back.

Anyone please help me in this

• Posted

Its 2021 and im feeling all the symptoms you had. How did u manage it?

Thanks for any reply.

• Posted

Hey dude. I had loads of probs was bent double some days. Apparently we have a gland at the edge of our bollock. Its common problem. comes and goes mate. But keep checking. Take care

• Posted

Ps . I've got a scan on Tuesday because ime fed up with the pain

• Posted

Hi everyone i had a ultra sound & cystoscopy all results was normal.

They supplied me with codiein and zapain tablets for the pain but ended up throwing them as I was getting very dependent on them plus they wasn’t making much of a difference.

Doctors had no explanation for the pain and told me there was no reason for them to care on seeing me.

Will try all of your suggestions then get back to you thanks for everyone’s reply ! 

• Posted

My friend I would say get your self checked properly. Its hit and miss with the NHS. Ime lucky. My doc checked me on Monday I've got a scan on next Tuesday. I consider myself lucky.my pain various from day to day. As you will know it's not a nice thing is it.somedays fine other days you feel like you have been kicked. Am I right?. Ile let you know but as I was told before. Think maybe this is something we may have to live with as much as it hurts. Get a check my friend and Ile message when my scan is done. PPS. Do you find that the pain goes all the way through groin and stomach?

• Posted

My friend I would say get your self checked properly. Its hit and miss with the NHS. Ime lucky. My doc checked me on Monday I've got a scan on next Tuesday. I consider myself lucky.my pain various from day to day. As you will know it's not a nice thing is it.somedays fine other days you feel like you have been kicked. Am I right?. Ile let you know but as I was told before. Think maybe this is something we may have to live with as much as it hurts. Get a check my friend and Ile message when my scan is done. PPS. Do you find that the pain goes all the way through groin and stomach?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.