Lower back pain after 19 WEEKS post TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having lower back pain after 19 weeks post TKR - pain when walking however their is no pain when lying down, any Suggestions for cure.

Note: I believe that i am walking in correct walking position O.K.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am 7.5months post op. I get lower back pain too and have been to see a McTimoney chiropractor twice following the operation & am due to go again next week. He explained that due to the slightly altered position of my knee post op, this in turn, causes slight dis-alignment of my lower spine. It is so much better once he has worked his magic & re-aligned it. I am needing it done every few months atm. I hope you manage to sort your pain out soon. Kim

• Posted

LOW BACK PAIN or "LOBAC" as someone I once knew called it. Since my recent TKA Two-stage revision I also have daily low back pain, left side. Sometimes sciatica. My TKA on thee right side. Since I do not want to increase the pain medication Tramadol and paracetamol. I recently signed up for a swimming pool membership. Daily ( I'll try) two hours minimum in the pool. 'Water walking' and backstroke. Lap after lap. It does help. Plus the twice weekly physio therapy. I have noticed that I sleep better no need for any more for Gabapentin or Ativan, sleep medication.

• Posted

Check your shoes. Seriously. Everything gets realigned with a TKR and investing in a new pair of good shoes should be at the top of the list following this procedure. Our gait also changes so the best thing to do is go to a running store and have them help you make the right selection. We have a great one nearby that will do a complimentary gait analysis and get you properly fitted- not just size wise, but pronation, supination etc. We invest all this time and hard work into this procedure and recovery so please don't skip this step.

• Posted

HI Climber,

I also had back pain, then sciatica. Core strengthening exercises keeps all this pain at bay for me. i did have PT two different times 1 for back and 2nd for the sciatica. Was excited that the PT i was assigned to for the sciatica was my PT for my knee. He told me I MUST keep my core tight to keep from having this pain, so I go to the gym now a minimum of 2x a week. This has been 2 years ago. TKR was February 2016.

I also buy new tennis shoes.... every 6 months. I have my own house cleaning business, so I am on my feet every day.

good Luck,

Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.