LPR any suggestions on how to stop it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

In all honesty LPR is making me miserable. I've been on lanzoprazole 30mg twice a day and it's making my tongue feel swollen and my mouth dry. Symptoms haven't really stopped for the LPR yet. 

Ive changed my diet to a low carb, low acid, low fat diet. It's making me have no energy. I have changed my milk to goats milk, cheese to extra low fat cheese and cereal to corn cereal. I don't drink alcohol anymore, I only drink alkaline water or ginger tea. 

I miss having a normal diet. I get a mucousy throat from all foods. I get a small Lump in my throat from some foods which I cut out. 

Im taking slippery elm and calamus powder at night to help coat my throat and strengthen my valves on my oesophagus. 

I sleep elevated and on my left side. I eat a small bowl of cornflakes two hour before bed. I can't eat any earlier or I'd be up all night really hungry. 

I I have stopped working out my abs at the gym and Ive stopped doing any exercises which involve me lying down or using my core. 

Has anyone got any other ideas? I'm miserable and want this gone asap. I'm also a teacher and shouting doesn't help my sore voice box. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.