LPR/REFLUX Under Arm Pain??

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can assist?

Diagnosed with LPR  in July last year, currently on PPI 20mg morning,  Gaviscon Advance after every meal and strict diet.

Also trying alkaline water and raised the bed.

Symptoms include: Sore throat, burning sensation in throat,  pain in chest and back, lump in throat sensation and I’m now experiencing pain under my armpits!! And pectoral pain???

First thing in the morning no symptoms at all. Symptoms described appear to come on around 11:00 and progressively get worse until I sit down in the evening. When seated and relaxed symptoms subside. 

Can I ask if anyone else is experiencing any of these symptoms and particularly the under arm pain and pectoral pain.

Thank you

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Simon,

I've had a recent diagnosis of LPR following a 3 month problem with sinus issues, hoarseness, post nasal drip, and severe headaches. In any event, they put me on Famotidine 20mg at bedtime....no food after dinner. It has helped slightly and to be fair, I've only been on it 3 weeks. In addition to the symptoms I already mentioned, I've had a pretty strong presence of arm pain (inner and outer aspects of the arms) down to the elbow, pectoral pain just below the clavicle and on the left side, I have under arm pain. What I'd say about this pain is it varies in intensity, but it's always there. Better when I'm sitting, but I'm not really using my arms. More uncomfortable in bed. I researched all my meds and I also take Repatha which can cause muscle pain. I've found a few articles relating muscle pain in these areas to LPR and will be visiting my ENT along with a Gastroenterologist for further discussion. I've read the replies you've received. I'm told I have anxiety, although I don't generally feel anxious. I don't believe my arm pain is anxiety. I have a good friend who is a PT and she advised some stretching and hot soaks to minimize pain. I also use a very good CBD lotion which works well at night. It's made by Nira. If this is at all helpful, I can continue to update in a few weeks when I see my physicians which seems to be the extent of my social life at present. (smiling)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.