LS

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with LS and feeling concerned worried scared and not sleeping well. Have never heard of this LS before. Never been on a forum before thought it might help alleviate some of my worries 😔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne,

I never heard of LS before either and learned a lot on this forum.  I encourage you to read lots of the posts on this site and gradually you will get, like many of us, a lot wiser.  

Glad you found this site.  Though it not particularly great to have LS.  However, the support from the various people has definately pulled me through the worse part of it.  

Gradually, by reading about LS,  your nerves will settle.  And that is important.  LS does not like stress.  Loads of good tips on here.  Also good to watch Dr. Goldstein's video.  

I'm sure you'll find your way and learn to cope and manage this disease as good as possible.  And what's more, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.  People will respond.

• Posted

You will find all kinds of different research on line the newer research says they believe it to be an auto immune disease sense I have been looking at it this way I have found a lot of relief I stopped eating gluten because it affects most people with auto immune disease I take wheat grass everyday to help my immune system also pro-biotic along with coconut oil,biotin, and evening promise oil fir the skin I put Manuka honey down there at night with a liner and I spray witch hazel every time I use the restroom dab dry then put aloe on it that keeps everything good
  • Posted

Hi Anne I was diagnosed around a year ago. It has been awful at times but I have religiously read every blog on this forum and it has helped enormously, especially when the itch can drive you crazy. The tips for this like Hanny's bicarbonate of soda baths and the coconut oil are a godsend. i do not always blog myself but I appreciate everyone out there who share their advice and know that we are not on our own and that we are together in this. I hope from reading these forums you pick up the advice that best suits you and that you get it under a modicom of control. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Anne,

It sucks to find out you have LS, but you've come to the right place. If you're being seen twice a year by a gynaecologist or dermatologist, there's no chance of cancer. If you've been prescribed ultra-potent topical corticosteroid ointment (Dermovate is the brand name, Clobetasol is generic and there are several others at the top of the potency list) then you're on ther right track. If you've had a very bad flare-up, the ointment only works very gradually, taking as long as a year or even two to get things really steadily calmed down. This forum is full of great women sharing tips for other things we can control while we wait for the medication to work.

Wtach Dr. Goldstein's presentation, so you can see what LS is all about and how important it is to use the ointment just the right way.

http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/dr-goldstein-lecture-271556

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.