LS

Posted , 11 users are following.

So The steroid ointment should only go on the white patches and moisturiser all over but really nothing you use will actually cure it.???????

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good for You

Do you think the sugar causes flare ups?  Maybe additives and junk they put in the processed foods?

It does sound like a lot of work, but I know I can save money if only I would get off my fanny and do it.  No family to cook for and cookking for one is boring.

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed your entusiasum.

• Posted

I have never found a connection to anything I eat but others have thought so. 

I am a diabetic so sugar is avoided anyway.

I have lots of dairy because of osteoporosis so there is no connection there for me.

Sometimes there is no particular reason. Maybe autoimmune.

Until studies are carried out we are just guessing!

• Posted

Hi, I think Hanny had a point about sugar feeding yeast and although I never suffer yeast infections maybe there is a connection to Ls in a similar way. 

I find I have more energy to cook in the mornings so I batch bake then.

Maybe you could spend a bit of time making meals for the freezer when you are in the mood so that when you are not you have ready healthy meals to grab and eat in a hurry.  I even made a pizza the other day using an omelette for the base instead of bread. Delicious.

I freeze small portions of a tomato sauce I make with onions herbs and tinned tomatoes and thicken it just by simmering and reducing down.  I freeze it in plastic bags inside a round plastic container so that it is a thin flat circle and can be placed on the base covered in low fat cheese and veg and grilled.  Defrosts really quickly. Store several in one container interleved with baking parchment or foil.  I'm so into all this now.  Freezer is so full now.  I will have to halt for a while and use some stuff up.  I am diabetic so all this healthy eating has had a brilliant effect on my blood sugars.  I am hoping to come off my meds when I have lost some more.  Long way to go though.  I have cut it up into 7 portions.  One achieved only 6 more to go. 

• Posted

Chrisy, you've taken my batch cooking style to the next level! I freeze my homemade pesto in ice cube trays and divide cans of crushed tomatoes in small jars to freeze, but they take a long time to thaw. The stacked disk idea is brilliant!!
    • Posted

Love the omelette instead of pizza base

I'm not a fan of doughy pizza bases - too much starch for me- and i am convinced the carbs go straight to my thighs!

So will give it a go this arvo (Aussie speak for afternoon)

• Posted

I use this idea for a lot of meals and sometimes make square stacks to reheat in glass ovenware. I got fed up with defrosting in one dish to transfer to the oven dish and sometimes things dripping all over the worksurface. Also it saves space and you don't have all your dishes in the freezer.
    • Posted

Made the omelette with my fresh herbs and topped it with cheese anchovies and semi dried toms, yummie!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.