LS and masturbation

Posted , 14 users are following.

This is a really awkward subject for most but I'm curious as to whether LS can develop from trauma after years of masturbation both from manual and vibrator use? I have come across some places linking LS to trauma of some sort but none of it has been proved. Is there a link? Something tells me no but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts..

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That is the same as asking whether intercourse will cause LS.  I don't think it causes LS.  But if you already have LS caution maybe needed as not to make things worse, considering the fusing.  
  • Posted

And sorry in advance if that all sounded ridiculous but honestly I don't know who else to ask as its a sensitive topic.
  • Posted

Hi my name is Val, I don't think that would be the case no one as far as I know have commented about this ,but it would be intresting if this is the case, everyone let us all know your views please.
  • Posted

It is an interesting point that no doubt crosses all of our minds.

I joined another LS group and they positively encouraged me to get and use a vibrator especially as the skin has been fusing over my clitoris at such an alarmimg rate. Apparently it encourages blood flow to the area and thus doing so aids healing and maintains sensation - as this can get lost through fusing.

I've even had particular kinds of vibrators recommended to me for the job! wink

• Posted

I think it a natural thing and if that was the case lots of women would have it. I agree that it's a good thing if possible because of blood flow also there is talk that orgasims are good for your hormone levels in the menapause. I don't think anything that your

body is designed to do would create auto aummione diseases personally I think it's down to gentics and food and alcohol. Also other influences like hormones, hot climate and chemicals.

• Posted

I do think years of biking added the trauma which caused my situation.  But as we have had a pool for many years I think there is a chlorine chemical exposure component also.  Re the masturbation issue, i think the contact and duration might be more physically stressful than during routine intercourse?  In any case once the inflammation has begun all of the above can exacerbate.
    • Posted

I was wondering about the saddle contact too. I have two amazing bikes - road and mtb that have now been sitting for two years. I'm miserable not being able to ride them. All the padded shorts just don't do it. sad
  • Posted

Hi yes I also have been swimming a lot but cannot go anymore as it is to expensive 

for me , I did not think that this might have been the  course of this ,but I would still go if I could .

• Posted

Personally (and this is just my own opinion) I think that's it's unlikely that cycling, horse riding etc can cause LS but I do think that those of us who like such sports are nautrally much more aware of the discomfort LS causes. A lot of the time these days I can forget all about the LS,but I find that hill walking in the wrong shorts or trousers reminds me pretty quickly!  Incidentally, for those of us who like to ride horses, I've found I can ride again for about half-an-hour twice a week using a bareback pad rather than a conventional saddle - the pad makes you sit well back on your bum, and you don't have the same friction caused by jean or breeches seams when doing the riding trot!
  • Posted

I can not imagine for one second that this theory is true!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.