LS and masturbation

Posted , 14 users are following.

This is a really awkward subject for most but I'm curious as to whether LS can develop from trauma after years of masturbation both from manual and vibrator use? I have come across some places linking LS to trauma of some sort but none of it has been proved. Is there a link? Something tells me no but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts..

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, 

I'm sure that use of these implements do not cause Ls.  The trauma that is linked to Ls is the type of trauma that you experience in operations like Hysterectomies, where the hormones are affected and there is a severe amount of stress suffered, also severe sexual trauma endured in rapes and sexual abuse where there would be some damage caused to the genitalia and again lots of stress suffered.  It is unlikely that you would cause that extent of trauma to yourself. I do not think that masturbation by any means would cause the extent of stress that results in this condition flaring up. 

We all seem to notice a flare up when we suffer stressfull situations.  This may be linked to the released of adrenaline and the subsequent chemicals the body releases in response.  Although the cause of Ls is not known it is believed to be an auto immune response by the body to something.  I have always believed that it is linked to our hormones and that is what causes the bodies response.  Our hormones are affected by stress.  Seems to be a vicious circle

I believe that our vaginas are designed to withstand friction normally and that it is the ls that causes the problem with friction not the other way around.  I hope this helps you and gives you another point of view.

• Posted

I have not had that done, I have no idea where this came from but I am finding it hard to live with,I also have diabetes as well, not good😒
  • Posted

If that was the case wouldn't most of the female population have LS.
  • Posted

Dani, this is a good question. The vibrator type Sue mentioned last week is one to be used in a stationary position, so the vibrations stimulate without friction. Friction is definitely bad for flared-up skin. I believe my LS began a few months into  relationship with my ex, who I now understand was a sex addict. I started having the chronic tear in my perineum. Then I had a herpes blister on my vulva (I had chicken pox when I was 13, I don't believe I caught genital herpes – it has not returned there in forty years) which may have really kicked LS into gear. We discussed herpes and LS elsewhere here recently.

I was single at age 50 for the first time and was doing a lot of very wet masturbation. It was around that time that the fusing began. Knowing what I know now I'm pretty sure all that 'ejaculate' was very irritating.

If I were inclined to self-pleasure now, I'd get one of those buzzy vibrators and use it in the bath where my fluids would be watered down. Assuming I wouldn't be electrocuted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.