LS and thrush

Posted , 9 users are following.

Am fairly new to all this so am still trying to find my way. I haven't had thrush for many many years and have now had it twice in a short space of time. I read that its associated with LS Is that right? For me the LS was just around the anal area. Now am really sore all around the vulva. Dont know if this is due to the thrush or the LS spreading. Everything is all red, sore and inflamed. I don't know how much longer i can cope with this pain. It's agony.

Also, how long does dermovate take to work? Is 2 weeks too short a timespan to say? The dermatologist said it should have worked by now but based on past experiences, i don't have much faith in the medical profession.

Thanks for any replies. Feeling desperate.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Joanne, I have just responded to your previous forum post - for continuity, it would be good for other readers if you can respond to that. - I thought it was rather unusual that no one had responded to you on that forum post - maybe some regular forum users are not receiving email alerts at the moment!

Anyway, as I state on that response, Nancy KB and the many other Lady sufferers have responded on here with some really excellent advice, as ever!!

While I have not read all the responses here a question was raised on the expiry date from first using a Steroid ointment (my experience is of ointments, not creams) - while manufacturers advice varies some say do not use once the tube has been opened for 2 months (write down the first usage date).

The current Clobetasol (Dermovate is a brand name) I am using simply states " do not use after the expiry date which is the last day of that month " - however, the first tube I used, and mine worked immediately I started using it - I used for over a year and a half and the active ingredients still worked as they ever had. Now, I will play safe and stick to the expiry date ......

The other suggested date of ' between 2 and 4 weeks ' - this refers to the circumstances if you gain no improvement or your symptoms worsen you should then go back to the medical professional who prescribed it .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.