LS Immunity

Posted , 11 users are following.

Had to be careful with the title as the moderator moved a recent post of mine to another category,hopefully this will not end up somewhere else as I have put LS in the title.

I'm wondering as LS is considered an auto-immune condition...does this mean that the body needs to be helped to improve immunity OR as LS is a condition where the body is attacking itself...does that mean the immunne system is overworking?

I am confused.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just asked my doctor and he said that if you have auto immune conditions it doesn't mean that the immune system is either under OR over working but that it is misfunctioning! First time I've had that explained to me.
    • Posted

Your doctor makes sense. Could it be the build up of synthetics that accumulate in our bodies confusing the immune system. I wonder whether synthetic hormones in birth control pills and hrt  play a part when post menapausal women discontinue the use of them and the endocrine system is unable to re-ajust causing a disturbance which then affects the immune system. LS increases mostly amongst post menopausal women and has been linked to other autoimmune disorders in the endocrine system namely hypothyroidism. Just a thought as in our frustration  we keep searching for answers. 
    • Posted

I understand what you mean although personally I've never been on the pill or had hrt. I started with LS just prior to the menopause and am indeed on thyroxine for slightly under active thyroid hence my discussion re autoimmunity with the GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.