LS &LP gone mad after pelvic floor op

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I had pelvic floor surgery 3 weeks ago which was done vaginally. I am now really suffering especially with LP. I use dermovate twice a week and vagifem monthly (can't at the moment as I still have loads of stitches ) but I am so sore. Not sure if I should use the dermovate daily for a week to see if it settles or not. My dermatologist isn't easy to contact for advice. Help !

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi nannylin,

You were brave having the pelvic floor pop.good for you I do hope your soreness improves .I have used Dermovate and it has helped but I now use it sparingly now it's improved alittle.It did relieve severe soreness and pain in the first week when I used it every day.So long has don't use it heavily for more than a week without your dermatologists approval it should help.

Good luck .Yvonne

• Posted

PS re the arnica - talk to your pharmacist about the pills- |Iam NOT suggesting you eat the creams potions etc meant to be applied topically!!! Apparently arnica helps the bruising - ie the blood outside the blood vessels which makes the tissues swell and discolour- to be reabsorbed into the system faster than the normal body process
  • Posted

Thanks to everyone for your replies they are certainly mixed ! The LS is ok at the moment (I was worried about more fusing) it's the LP inside my vagina that's really sore. My consultant was aware of my condition and said it wouldn't affect it(didn't believe that for a second ) and for the first couple of weeks it was ok. I suppose it could just be s flare and not connected at all or as I was in so much disconfirm from internal and external stitches I wasn't really aware of it. I will try my dermatologist today as I know she has a clinic and see if I can get hold of her before o do anything else I really am scared of making anything worse even the pelvic floor squeezes are painful as I am so sore ! Who would be a woman ???
  • Posted

If you look up the Koebner effect, you'll see why flare-ups can be expected after any surgery. So, it's only temporary....
    • Posted

Thanks morrell just had a look it's very interesting. Feel a little less sore today but still looks very raw hope it eases before my check up at end of June not looking forward to the internal at all !!
    • Posted

Well, they have different sizes of speculum. They won't be breaking the skin again. Hope all goes smoothly for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.