Lucia is waiting with a light/candle at the end of the tunnel

Posted , 14 users are following.

To-day is the Lucia Day in Sweden. She comes with candles in her hair and in her hand. She enlightens us in the darkest period of the year with light and songs. This morning, I didn´t have time to watch TV programmes with Lucia and "Star boys" accompanying her as I had to go to rehab early. I thought back at celebration of Lucia when we went to school and when the children celebrated Lucia. If you are interested to find out more you can google Lucia in Sweden and also find songs on Youtube**.

On December 13 in 2008, I got off pred after 3 ½ years of pmr and GCA. I had found out a new way of tapering slower than before and finally got off pred. I chose to say that I did it on December 13 - the Lucia Day in Sweden, because it is easy to remember and it also is a positive day. For us who have or have had pmr and/or GCA it is nice to know that Lucia is there with a light at the end of the tunnel. I have now been off pred for 10 years and I hope when you read this that it helps you all thinking about a happy end soon.

At last, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

8 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you! And thank you for sharing all those years ago your method for slow tapering. 💝

• Posted

What wonderful news that you are still PMR free and healthy. I wish you also Best Wishes for Christmas and the coming New Year, regards, Tina.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.