Lucky?

Posted , 11 users are following.

After reading some of your posts I'm wondering if I'm just lucky or are things about to get worse? I had my op 11 days ago and apart from initial pain and problems with bm I haven't really got much pain. I stopped all medication in the day and just 2 paracetamol at night and dulcolax. Is it the lull before the storm? Sorry that some of you ladies are in so much pain and discomfort xx

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I just feel that it's painful atm I did hear it's all to do with the stitches but things are worse after a BM which, sorry to be graphic, is large so am un comfortable for hours afterI don't know what else to do as I take 2 Senna at night 😔X
    • Posted

fybogel orange flavour granules mix with water or dulcoease are supposed to be good . My daughter works in a pharmacy and told me to try these . Apparently the fybogel is all fibre so works well xxx
    • Posted

Thx for that I tried 2 Senna last night and orange fybergel this morning but it's still no go. How long can u just sit drives me mad x
    • Posted

How long ago was your op Diane? I had trouble in the first 3 days . I had lactulose, senakot at first no joy . I was really scared to strain. On the 3rd day I took dulcolax and ate dried figs which worked but was still painful. Since then I've carried on with the dulcolax figs and had some liquorice. Today I've had the opposite problem and have had diarrhoea! I just got the fybogel but don't think I'll take that at the moment! The joys! Lol x
    • Posted

I just read up on fybogel it takes a few days for it to start working x
    • Posted

5 and half weeks and I was doing quite well but not now and like you say dearnt strain just have to leave it till more definite I suppose I think some of it is sicological Rosie fed up tho as get uncomfortable x

• Posted

I know Diane X my op was only 11days ago and so far so good . It's an awful feeling when you can't do what should come naturally makes you miserable. I find if I try not to stress over it that helps as you say you get yourself in a state about it. I just hope I am not in a dormant phase of pain as at the moment I'm ok xxx
  • Posted

I think you see people like myself on here whom have had problems but there are probably many more people that didn't feel the need to post on here as they didn't have any issues.

I found this form when waiting for surgery and found it a godsend.

It is good to hear about people without issues post operation.

• Posted

Hi Rosie. I was the same. No problems until day 11 when I had some bleeding and then at three weeks had a lot more. The trouble with feeling well is that you tend to do more. I think that was my problem. I didn't rest enough because I felt pretty well. I have learnt my lesson and am now taking it a day at  a time and hoping I'm on the upward spiral at nearly four weeks. Maybe you will have smooth sailing but don't be surprised if there are some hiccups along the way. All the best.
  • Posted

I'm with you hun. Its been a breeze.

Stitches get tight when you hit 3-4 weeks and a little fresh blood after BM but other than that you'd never know that I had anything done!

Sprained my ankle on Wednesday and thats the only thing that has slowed me down. I'm 6 weeks post.

How old are you and are you healthy?

• Posted

Hi Doris

I'm 64 just lol! I've been very lucky in my life as this is the first op I've had since my tonsils out at 3! I am not on blood pressure tablets or any other medication but really due to luck more than my life style I guess. Not a drinker or smoker so guess that's all helped! Ouch poor you all you need in top of an op a broken ankle! Xx

• Posted

You sound like you're doing something right hun

What I have noticed is the more you rest the more tired you get.

I went shopping yesterday with my ankle. Took longer than usual but if I rest it I'm guessing it will set.

I feel great. My broken bowel was through labour and a midwife forcing me to push at 5cm. Other than that I class myself as healthy. I did make sure my bloods were perfect before the operation by eating well and taking my vitamins. Food really is the best medicine x

• Posted

Won't argue with that Doris at the moment food is my biggest pleasure! Looking forward to going to my daughters for dinner tomorrow, first time I've been out since the op. Not being able to drive is such a pain! Takes some getting used to! X
    • Posted

I drove after ten days but only because I found it more comfortable driving than being a passenger.

I admire you hun, hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. Take your time and enjoy xx

• Posted

I don't think the insurance company would pay up if I had an accident as you have to ask them when they will cover you from after an op. Maybe different for you I'm in the UK . Have a great day too xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.