Lugol's Iodine and cysts, fibroids and cancer prevention

Posted , 9 users are following.

It seems that 2 drops a day will make a huge difference. I'm now starting this supplment. Any views on it? Experiences?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Acording to Dr. Sherri Tenpenny there's a super-simple home test you can take to find out if your body needs more iodine, she says in an interview.  It's on Ihealthtube channel at youtube 
  • Posted

"Iodine’s role in helping to prevent and treat cancer needs much more exploration and research, but there is suggestive evidence that it plays a role in preventing and/or treating cancer (especially involving the thyroid gland, breasts, prostate, ovaries and uterus). Max Gerson MD, whose successful alternative therapy involved using fresh vegetable juices and intensive detoxification, recommended iodine containing Lugol’s solution for all of his cancer patients.

(...) Another way of testing for iodine sufficiency is by painting an area of skin with tincture of iodine. It should take between 18 to 24 hours or more for the body to absorb the red or orange iodine stain if the person is iodine sufficient. If the iodine patch absorbs more quickly, the likelihood is the person being tested is not iodine sufficient. This method is probably not as accurate or quantitative as the iodine-loading test with the subsequent collection of the 24-hour urine.  

The dosage of about 12.5 mg of iodine daily can be obtained with 2 drops of Lugol’s solution or as an identical over-the-counter solution. This same dosage is also available over-the-counter in tablet or capsule. Each capsule or tablet or 2 drops of the Lugol’s solution contains 5 mg of the reduced elemental form of iodine (preferred by the breast, ovary and prostate) and 7.5 mg in the iodide form (preferred by the thyroid gland). Numerous testimonials indicate that many patients improve many symptoms with optimal supplementation of this supplement. "

in lugolsiodinesolution

• Posted

Hi should I buy 5% Lugol solution? I have fibroids and cysts. How many drops should I take. I'm trying to calculate 3-6mg that's what they say. I'm trying so hard to get rid of them and no luck yetsad

• Posted

Koshermanisha,

I go to a Holistic Dr. I was on the 2% solution 6 drops a day mixed in a small amount of water. My dr. just put me on the 5% solution and suggested 2 drops per day. Iodine is good for a lot of thingss. We just don't get enough of it in our diet. What little is in our table salt is just not enough. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Koshermanisha, I am also having a lot of problem with  fibroids, please let me know if the solution will be of help to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.