Lump after Fistulotomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

i had i&D of Perianal abcess and Fistulotomy two weeks back, from last week i have pain near wound, i can see a lump near wound too..

Yesterday when i visited my surgeon, he told its blood clot and should subside on his own, have anybody experienced anything like this? i am scared that this clot may turn fatal.

i have attached images for reference.File size is too big

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hey there, Ive had a thrombosed hemorroid about 5 years ago, similar to what you have there it hurt alot for me and it took 10 days to go away, I was doing warm sitz baths everyday 3 times a day and taking blood thinner meds. I also had LIS surgery 21 days ago and I got a lump as well, this time took 7 days to go away, the very warm sitz baths helped alot and resting and not sitting on it for a few days. cheers.

• Posted

Hey Thank you so much for your reply, i was very scared.. I too thought its thrombosed Hemmoriod however my surgeon says its clotting and it shall get absorb by itself in few days however i am bit scared as clots sounds very dangerous.

i do sitz bath thrice a day, however i am not on any thinner. Surgeon advised me to apply lox jelly before and after bowel movement and put gauze to reduce irritation. I cannot rest much as i am getting married next week.

• Posted

I was on thinner when i actually had the thrombosed hem, I was really scared it was another one after surgery but it was not... for me it was swelling from the surgery, give it some time and itll go away.. happy wedding to you!

• Posted

Also I tried not to mess with it too much and definitely not try to push it back inside!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.