Lump in my throat

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hi there,

For the last 3 weeks I keep feeling like there is a lump in my throat when I swallow. I can eat my food and swallow well but it feels like something is still there after I have swallowed. Sometimes, if I belch ( and that happens a lot now) it's like it disturbs this lump and I have to swallow again to settle it? It;s not a pain more a feeling and a burning throat. I am certain that wine sets it off, so I avoid it bnow. Not really been able to tolerate wine since I had my gallbladder out 6 years ago. Just want this awful feeling to go away and not to be worrying like this all the time. Does anyone know what it is? My GP has doubled my Omperazole to 2 X 10mg a day. Any advice would me most gratefully received, thank you x

3 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, Wendy, I'm a man who has a lump in my throat who is also experiencing male menopause, as well as living with a gal who is living the menopausal nightmare. Yes, our home lives on the edge to say the least. But I've had the lump for a few days now and I don't know why? It's like a lump but in the form of a big gas bubble that needs to be released as a burp but try as I may I can't burp. It doesn't hurt, just very uncomfortable. I've been taking prilosec to no avail. Have you come across any remedy worthy of my effort. Thank you...

• Posted

Heya Wendy,

We have similar issues, I'm very worried about it cuz I'm only 12, my dad says it will get better But I do not believe him at all, tbh tho he's a crackhead so why should I believe him. Does anyone's know my real dad? Please help many thanks

Ben Dover

• Posted

Goiter???
    • Posted

Thank you about the suggestion of a goiter. I have these exact same symptoms but also have symptoms pointing to an auto immune or thyriod problem. I didn't know about goiters.

I am hoping that it's fixable. 

I hope you can find the cause too original poster. I know how this can be so frustrating.

I have gotten to the point now where I am so hungry but I skip eating because I can't stand th food getting trapped or not going down right sensation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.