Lump on neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so a few days ago I noticed the right side of my neck has this lump. Its not protruding and noticable but when I rub my fingers on it I can feel a slight lump or raised area. Its kinda on the sternocleodemastoid muscle in the neck. I don't feel anything like that on the left side. I was thinking that it could be a knot/tight muscle.

It's kinda in the area where the side of the neck meets the backs of the neck.

I'm really freaking out and my HA is making it worse, because I'm thinking what if it's cancer or somthing. I know this guy who had thyroid cancer and his neck was getting bigger. My neck is relatively small and it still looks the same size.

Also I noticed it a few days ago, when I woke up that morning I was sleeping on that side and my neck was in a weird position. That's when I discovered the lump/knot/tightness but I feel like what if it was there before and I hadn't noticed.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh just wanted to update you guys. I went to see my doc today and she felt my neck check for any other symptoms or if anything else looked weird.

Anyways she felt my neck and she had a hard time feeling what felt, (i think because I'm so focused on The neck area that I think it's more than what it seems). But anyways I showed her the exact spot where the pea size lymph node is and she said it might just be an irriatation because it is a small bump. But she wants to see me in a month or earlier if anything else changes so I have to track it.

I will admit it did go a little down compare to yesterday. But she said if anything new shows up or I feel different then I should see her earlier than a months time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.