Lunch ideas

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all,

I haven't been on for a while and still dealing with this horrible reflux disease. I tried to eat a tomato on my sandwich today and I'm feeling it now. I like my sandwiches but kind of boring plain. Any ideas for a reflux sufferer for lunch? Or something I can have with my snadwich as a side?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Tomatoes are one of the worse things to eat with reflux, I've been suffering 15 years with it. They are full of acid. Try egg mayo that's what I eat a lot of x

• Posted

You have to find out which foods trigger your reflux or you do what I do and take a PPI every day and I can eat most foods and then the reflux is not a problem. Why has your dr not put you on a PPI?

if you are worried about the side effects my response is do you drive a car? If so, they kill people daily, PPI don't kill people. Cars are very,very dangerous but we don't seem to worry about them. 

• Posted

Yes I take PPI's everyday to. Never had a side effect with them x

• Posted

Yes, I have taken PPI for 2 years but sometimes I do have flare ups. I do feel like these meds have saved my life as I can now eat again. However, last night I woke up with chest pains again. I don't get the burning feeling just the chest pains (indigestion feeling). Its so painful. 

• Posted

Hello dane, i'm also struggling with this!

I've been living on ham sandwiches or roast pork sandwiches for over a week now. I only eat pork and beef so makes it more difficult.

I did make some rice last week that could be reheated at work though. I steamed some with a veg stock cube, teaspoon of tumeric and half teaspoon of cumin and when cooked added some garden peas that i had cooked and some sweetcorn. Sounds really plain but it was actually nice!

Veg soup is a good one but maybe for when it is colder. I roast butternut squash, carrot, parsnip and about a thumb size piece of ginger chopped up in the oven with some foil over the top for about an hour. Mash it up a bit when cooked and then added to a pan with some water in and a veg stock cube and red lentils. Cook until the lentils are done and it's a hearty chunky soup. I used ot add garlic but i am not having it at the moment until i can get my acid under control.

Any more ideas? Might try the egg mayo suggested smile

• Posted

Omg tomatos are the worst they are very acidic.. i know how you feel though i have acid reflux as well and there's a lot of food we can't have sad so annoying.. im struggling so much with what to eat

i need ideas as well

Hopefully someone can help

• Posted

Try Mayo with less than 2g of fat, honey mustard also ok (if it doesnt trigger symptoms for you). I usually hv turkey sandwich with lettuce spinach mayo. It doesnt taste great but thats the better option for GERD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.