Lung cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have had a post nasal drip for 10 weeks same routine every morning when I wake up clear nose throat and chest of phlem then usually cough till afternoon then it mostly subsides visited doctor yesterday said my blood oxygen level low 92-96 and sent me for chest x ray worried now might be lung cancer anyone else experienced the same issues.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

How old are you? Smoker (former or present)? 

I have been coughing for months now and got sent for a chest xray 10 days ago which was clear, I am an ex smoker and 36. I am now undergoing lung function tests but like you afraid I also have an undiagnosed lung cancer lurking.

My cough is non productive and wakes me at night together with a blocked feeling in my throat all day. Throat is scratchy when I breathe in provoking my cough!

• Posted

Hi kay just recently gave up but i wasnt a heavy smoker i am 39. My cough is productive mainly in the morning. My lungs are clear and dont cough during sleep and have no other symptoms associated with lung cancer hopefully reading too much into it .

Good look for ur lung function test

• Posted

Hi

Thanks. My lungs sound and look clear so. I hope your xray is clear too.

I have no other symptoms either besides this scratchy tight throat with a cough waking me up sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.