Lung Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have always had a cough on and off for a long time. However recently have been coughing more and sometimes bringing up clear phelgm. If doctor says chest is clear can it still be that I have lung cancer. So anxious and worried about this. Does anyone else know any other reason why I might have a cough. I am 80 years old.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I think there can be quite a few reasons but I'm no doctor and I think it would be best to just take a quick trip to the doctor, checking lungs is pretty straighforward.

Wishing you the best!

• Posted

hello Grannie, with the lung cancer you mainly cough blood and there are severe other visible symptoms, I don't think you have lung cancer, just relax and enjoy life ☺

• Posted

you can have cough for thousand other reasons, it can be stomach problems, allergies, pollens or some airway irritation i used to cough a lot and my reason was stomach and allergic rinit , i think if lungs are clean you can see a gastroentologist or ENT, good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.