Lyme Disease ELISA testing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey

Ive been tested for Lyme as ive had a lot of the symptoms for a while. My test came back negative overall

I want to know if I need to follow up as my Burgdorferi IgG didnt come up as negative just less than 5.0 AU/ ml instead of being greater than 15.0 AU / ml

Is this something I need to re test for or is it normal to have a trace of that and no be diagnosed with Lyme?

My Bergdorferi IgM was negative too.

Do you need both present for a diagnosis?

Any advice is really very welcome

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hummdiddydum.  Where did you get tested are you in uk ? 
    • Posted

Hi Terry

I got tested with a company called Medichecks Yeah I live in the UK.

Apologies for the delay I've been laid up for the last week.

Thanks J 

• Posted

Thanks for replying and info I'll look into this company I'll give you an update 

• Posted

Hi. Were you bitten at all? The serum test is poor my consultant has admitted it has 50% accuracy but together with the western blot they achieve 100% accuracy. The european strain of Lyme is on the bands of the western blot. The serum test will not pick this up, yet it must be positive to go on to the western blot in most cases., unless you have a very nice doctor. Sometimes it is easier to test for coinfections rather than Lyme. My serum test is negative, i hunted coinfections and found 2 rickettsea and ehrlichia..that was a shock. Also check ACE test through your doctor but if high force a rickettsia screening and ehrlichia..thats how i found mine. I have to get a Western blot soon .x
    • Posted

Hi sky  do you live in uk.  My uk gp isn't interested in testing me for Lyme 

• Posted

Yes I live in uk. If you check the new NICE guidelines on lyme you will see they are deeply flawed ..have a look. Unless your gonna present with a definate rash, your up the creek without a paddle. I had to go private for my tests with a uk lab. If you go to the german labs it is very easy to dismiss the results. interestingly the US medical fathers of Lyme treatment are currently being challenged in court by 28 very sick citizens who are citing collusion with insurance companies on minimised to no treatment . Should these citizens win,then the foundations of lyme treatment will be shaken somewhat plus it opens up the possibilities on litigation. xx
    • Posted

I dont remember a bite but I've done a lot of walking around the UK often wearing shorts in long grass, I dont remember a rash but I never used to self check or anything and i'm a bit scatty. 

If there is a level showing on my Elisa just not enough to consider it positive is that something I should be concerned about? 

I will look into the western blot I'm so confused by my symptoms sometimes I feel like it's a structural problem in my neck that's putting pressure on my body other times it feels like an illness.

• Posted

I know what you mean about the neck and the illness. I have the same. It also affects the hands and fingers. Sometimesyou feel ok and then a wave of sick weakness fatigue comes at you. Right test your Vit D level also white blood count. Ask for an ACE test from your doctors. The ACE level should be under 55 . If it is over ask to test for ehrlichia..they will mention sarcoidosis , dont panic just request tge test.. Also ask for a rickettsia screen, remember rickettsia typhus transmission is not confined to ticks , it can be passed by fleas and biting flies and you sound as though you may have met a few on your walks. Getting the western blot may be difficult is your first serum test is negative, the cost privately is anything from £250.00. Remember just as the serum test ,the western blot is not that accurate either. I think if there is a level showng on your elisa it is worth rechecking it. You have to stand your ground at the Doctors and say you want to put all these tests to bed before looking at other avenues. i am aware they are not particularly helpful which makes things worse.

• Posted

What do you mean by going private?
    • Posted

In my humble opinion going private seems to be the way we the tick bitten are being driven...see the new NICE guidelines.

For those who test negative on the first serum test the western blot will not be offered so there really is no chance of seeing whether there is an infection of the  European strain of lyme. It is thought 21 days of antibiotic clears lyme..but in my case it  came back or something else did maybe anaplasmosis.

I use uk private testing labs..it's cost me badly to find out what infections I had. Once I found out things fell into place..it does not mean it will be treated on the NHS..they do not have to accept private tests..no matter how good and well established the lab. thats what i have found anyway..hope others have better luck.

• Posted

How do you find private labs for testing?
    • Posted

Also you can just Google for them. How do you pm someone..
    • Posted

I would contest the 100% accuracy. There are coinfections one in particular has at least 25 different strains. There are tests for 2 of the 25(Dr Richard Horowitz). You get both false positives and false negatives. You get people treated yet still test negative and still suffer the symptoms. I read yesterday about somebody who got tested on the NHS 4 times all negative. Went private and tested positive. Also in somebody else's comment about fleas etc head lice can transmit the infections and I suspect that here in the UK it is far more widespread than imaginable. As it manifests and mimics so many autoimmune conditions doctors here are way at the starting line and this is way way ahead of them. Not everyone will get the rash also. I was bitten and I picked them out(2) not realizing they were ticks. The dog had them and I have presented so many of the effects. I was diagnosed with something completely and not really scientific and I was ready to ask for testing but now I am going to start a natural protocol as if I have one of them as it won't do any harm and I am lucky enough to have ozone generator, bioresonance and stuff to produce liposomal vit c and other things. I will start with diet and using herbs etc. To first knock out any biofilm protecting it. I believe that due to being put on doxycycline then taken off of it for other antibiotics(when it knocked me for six) for an MRSA  infection that is a symptom of the little spirals turning more into a ball then going intracellular, hence so difficult to treat. Both ozone and liposomal vit c can enter the cell but it doesn't happen overnight. People lucky enough to catch it with the correct antibiotic at the start can eliminate it quickly usually. It is termed Lyme but it just isn't lyme there are different strains and so many coinfections and if you check out Dr Horowitz on youtube telling a conference of doctors about the coinfections you will get a gist of just how complicated it can be and just how much doctors don't really know...yet. He is one of the top government advisors to the US, UK and other European Countries and more. 

• Posted

Hi Ray. I am so exhausted with Lyme. One thing to be clear on is anaplasmosis is here in the UK as is rickettsia rickettsii. Right now my results are being brushed under the carpet and I am fighting for this to come out..there is every sign they don't want this to come out...but kids are wandering about on the hillside where i was bitten. Anaplasmosis has been known to kill. It is all a complete disgrace. 

• Posted

I agree entirely. The doctors are ignorant to it. In the US people have had problems for years. I was diagnosed with hypermobility. From the start I have doubted the diagnosis and I have been looking at Lyme and the coinfections for years now but to begin with at the autoimmune response it causes in the body. I remember being bitten on the hand and I had to pick them out from under the skin. The dog had ticks and I have presented with all of symptoms. The fatigue hit me hard when I was put on doxycycline(an antibiotic used for Lyme) but when the test came back a few days later as MRSA (unrelated to the hand bites) they stopped them and switched to different antibiotics. When the little spirals realize they are under attack they pull tight into a ball and enter the cells. That can make people feel ill and fatigued and I believe that is what happened. Because of the false positive and negative results. The different coinfections and that is the identified ones, I don't know whether to go and ask to be tested or to start using the equipment I have and using natural herbs etc. on top to treat as if I have it. As it is all natural. You mentioned about the kids. It has just been discovered that head lice can transmit them too along with other critters that bite. Imagine all of the kids at school who are infected with head lice? And if only a fraction were to become infected that way? It is like the medical profession and Governments have to really awaken up to this fast. Because they are intracellular and different ones which require different antibiotics to treat, it can be a long process to heal. Some people test negative after treatment yet still are suffering the same. I will continue to research as much as possible on it and when I feel I know enough to tackle it I will do that first because there is no point tackling the autoimmune issue without knowing what triggered it in the first place. I know there are many people who seem to recover fast with antibiotics but there are others who can take over a year of treatments and some who go through it all yet can't seem to get rid of it. They are so complicated and mimic and present so many symptoms of other autoimmune disorders my belief is that there will be many people being treated for something else when in fact the cause is Lyme and the other tick(and now not just tick) borne infections at the root. I hope you get speedy recovery from it.     

• Posted

Thanks Ray..what i am not liking is the secrecy on this..because all that does is put more people in harms way..i agree rickettsia typhus and many of the others can be transmitted by fleas and likely anything that feasts on us..there is also E Canus which can prevent anaplasmosis from clearing..the uk does not test for this..guess if i cannot get well i will have to take a trip to california to get tested. This thing is eating money..
    • Posted

I agree and your story is all too common. Some people use up all the money they had, lost their good jobs and still at where they were at the start. I keep mentioning a couple of things. The biofilm they encase themselves in and hyperthermic treatment using far infrared where the body's temperature is raised to 105-107 degrees for an hour or so but the head is kept out and cool with wet towels. Do as much research as possible before you embark on testing and treatments as there are people who were convinced they went to the right place and still no better, but a lot poorer. There are some there are not even tests for. What about finding the right place in Germany?(I don't know what Country you are in) Again find the right place and do a lot of research. You would not believe just how many types there are and a lot are very hard to culture the antibodies outside the body for testing. I would say build up the immunity and knock out the biofilm before commencing treatments of any kind. As they are intracellular treatments would be required that can enter the cells i.e. ozone,vit C, and hyperthermic therapy etc. and it  even then it won't be an overnight fix. But people do defeat it and what works for one may not the next. There are sites created by people who defeated it and sadly they stop updating the sites once they are cured of it, like lemonandlyme.com and others who advise what to and what not to eat and clinics that are good at treating. Good Luck. One more thing you mentioned in another comment. The psychological part-again a common practice which is so annoying. 

• Posted

Just asking questions on Public law in UK with solicitors. Also there is a whole lot of boring regulations to chew through. i have some evidence that there is a ban on obtaining a western blot bloodtest privately without having a positive elisa first...which is impossible with eurolyme. But who is banning it and is their action lawful? Is it also in the public interest?. I will look to test the parametres on this in law . i am getting used to the silence I get from health professionals on important questions. I would say most of them have swallowed the manual of how not to give a straight answer..truthfulness is no longer on the radar..i can only assume that this is a silent epidemic which is meant to stay that way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.