Lyme Disease ELISA testing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey

Ive been tested for Lyme as ive had a lot of the symptoms for a while. My test came back negative overall

I want to know if I need to follow up as my Burgdorferi IgG didnt come up as negative just less than 5.0 AU/ ml instead of being greater than 15.0 AU / ml

Is this something I need to re test for or is it normal to have a trace of that and no be diagnosed with Lyme?

My Bergdorferi IgM was negative too.

Do you need both present for a diagnosis?

Any advice is really very welcome

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also it is worth mentioning another strain of Lyme has been found. It is not picked up by testing..i could raise an eyebrow and say how do they know its infecting us? Anyhow, if it exists then it comes under recurrent fever.
    • Posted

I will try my best my doctors are convinced i'm having a mental breakdown and are having me question my own sanity as i've been ill for 10 months and they just look at me like im crazy when I describe my symptoms. Most muscles in my body are rigid and I'm in constant pain, Ears and blocked and have these strange nobbles on my ears which go up and down and are sore. I don't think they're visible but i can feel them. My heart rate goes really high when I walk around and really low when I lay. Sometimes I get buzzing through my whole body head to toe and the scariest one yet Is that I've lost a lot of internal feeling I cant feel my body temp I can't feel my heart beat  I can't feel my head, My hearing changes as have my eye. it's so strange but I know it's not psychological I just can't figure it out. 

my vit d levels were tested privately in June and were at 79 which was deemed ok although I have started supplementing with an oral spray since it's got to winter.

I will press them for the other tests and see what they say thank you for coming back to me I really appreciate it. Its such a confusing time and any help diagnosing this is brilliant. x

• Posted

Getting sent down the psychological route is always the big challenge with lyme or tick related illnesses. One of the coinfections i have causes high anxiety cannot remember which one. I just spent a week logging everything down from the beginning..a list if you like with as many dates as i could and copied it for each doctor...they seemed grateful..odd that. But that way it saves all the grief of running through the whole thing and not missing anything out, plus you look organised. Also, getting educated on the whole lyme field helps because it is full of conflicting opinions. temperature charts can be useful and also logging foods and any extra symptoms occurring with foods. In my case my Vit d went crazy but it was calcium suppliments which caused trouble so be wary. Are you sore at all under the armpit area? are your glands up?

• Posted

Hey

Thanks this is all great. I haven't been getting temperatures except my back of my neck and under my ribs seem to get very hot at times I have broken capillaries under my left breast. My body doesn't deal with heat properly either it can't seem to heat itself up  or cool itself down very well. I can't feel my own body temp but I notice that If I have a hot water bottle or something it just heats my feet it doesn't heat my body. I've also lost a lot of my other bodily senses like bladder and hunger etc I can sometimes feel something quite distant.

I don't get fevers I don't think just body flushes from time to time but on the most part I dont have any classic "Illnesss" symptoms and never had I just felt tired and drained at the beginning for a few weeks but put that down to working hard.

My glands aren't up but my armpits esp the left are very sore and it spreads over my breast plate.

I've got a spreadsheet with all my symptoms on and when they started and a timeline also any tests i've had an the results. I've also requested all my medical records from the hospital including any bloods and scans I've had done that could take weeks to come through.

Thanks for your responses

• Posted

Good keep all information. If my symptoms are any use here are some. Swollen and a bit painful under both armpit and shoulder blades and breasts and down the ribs. One spot on soles of foot..pain in wrists. Pain in feet. Red markings an ankles. Red line marking to ear. Pain in the neck..fatigue weirdly off colour.
    • Posted

Check armpit infection online..there is a picture of affected areas which could be useful when explaining pain to a doctor. Keeping a sreadsheet looks like your focused and that's a good thing..do you have pets at all. Were you bitten in your memory. Do you or have you had any red streaks that look like stretch marks..they may have just hung around a short time. Have you had any markings on ankles or wrists Are there any fungal infections. make sure the soles of your feet are clear of spots. Xx

• Posted

I don't know how technical you are or if you know anybody that is? It isn't that difficult to make anyway but just be careful if you or anyone decides to make this. Bob Beck was a top US Govt scientist and he is on youtube showing how to make both a colloidal silver generator and a coil zapper device which he stated will kill any pathogen, bacteria or virus etc. It is made from an old fashioned camera flash unit, some copper wire wound around a spool of an old vhs cassette. You zap at the lymph nodes but you don't feel any shocks or anything but you will if you are not carefull with the capacitor from the flash unit whilst constructing it. Some people sell ready made ones but I don't know how effective these ones are. Check out Bob Beck at Grenada where he gives all the details to construct and more, or the Bob Beck protocol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.