Lymph nodes everywhere, collarbone included + symptoms?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hey everyone I'm new here,

I am 20 years old and for a year and a half I have been experiencing symptoms and lymphadenopathy.

I have been to multiple doctors/appointments but no doctor seems to take it serious enough.

It first started with severe lower abdomen pain last year in May which then lead to me getting blood tests and a ovarian ultrasound. Blood test was good and ultrasound showed a 29mm 'complex' cyst (which they weren't bothered about).

After that I'd have multiple blood tests, recent ones showing I'm anemic (low iron and satn).

Also had an abdomen ultrasound which was normal "no sign of abdomen lymphadenopathy"

But ever since the chronic nausea and abdominal pain perisisted everyday til now I've been anxious and read online about lymph nodes, I freaked out as I could feel mine so easily and big ones under my jaw, this year in February I read about collarbone lymph nodes and how dangerous they were if you could feel them (mainly for cancer suspicions). So I felt there and generally didn't feel anything obvious, until I'd shrug my shoulders back and pull the skin to my collarbone then I could feel 2-3 lumps on my left collar and not my right.

But one day I checked under my collarbone and felt something.. And with the slightest touch a obvious lymph node was found! It moved on top of my collarbone and then behind it, but will always come back and rest under my collarbone (infraclavicle area) it was the strangest thing! And it's clearly visible when it slides on my collarbone. And I obviously freaked out and went to the doctors once again.

Again 2 of them shrugged it off and basically said its nothing, even though it's clearly there and I have all these symptoms that I link it to this node.. I've even had one blood test which showed low white blood cells.. I finally prompted one doctor to do an ultrasound so I did, it was so hard for him to get a picture cause it was in an awkward place for a node and every time the wand went on it, it would slide away.

All these symptoms and now back and rib pains, collarbone lymph nodes and anemia makes me think something is going wrong with my body.. sad

0 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

do you have very very small ones if you pull the skin over the collarbone? almost feel like a small movable vein

• Posted

Yep but I can feel them only on my other side. My left side there 2 very tiny lymph nodes felt by dragging the top skin to the collarbone then I can feel the little lumps. But the other side I can't feel anything in that area except the node under my collarbone.

• Posted

i have the same exact thing, i can feel them all over the body and i have health anxiety over it. none are big, but i just freak out about it. What did the doctor say about all of yours in general? there are extremely little ones I can find on my left collarbone, and the movable one below my right collar bone.

i think im just worrying too much, im thin so that may be it. Ive also had strep alot when i was younger and also mono. 

• Posted

I have feel them everywhere as well, like 4-5 in my groin area, lots down the side of my neck (I can feel the chain of them running to do the bottom of my neck). I have bigger ones under my jaw but pretty sure it's from my bad teeth and impacted wisdom teeth. And one behind my ear.

My doctor said they all feel normal, all look normal on ultrasound and basically said they're probably palpable cause I'm thin, I'm actually tall and underweight but not drastically. My health anxiety isnt good, I thought this will just be a small thing in my life that will pass, but honestly has just gotten worse 😞

• Posted

I'm so happy to read this. I've had a "skittle' under my left collarbone for at least a few years exactly how you described. I asked my PCP years ago and he brushed it off as a lymph node or cyst and nothing concerning. I forget about it for months until something reminds me of it. I too have sinus issues and had sinus surgery last year. I just had my second child and that has set my anxiety through the roof again, so I asked my on about the movable lump at my 6 week postpartum appt a few weeks ago... Her couldn't even find it (I think it was moving around him, or it really is that small and I'm just crazy.) Anyways he said since it's been there so long and not changing its fine, and to leave it alone!

• Posted

Hello how is everyone getting on? I'm so happy I came across people with lymph node anxiety problems. I found my first lymph node 4 months ago now on my neck, about a cm in size. A couple of weeks later I find another behind my ear but this one is hard and doesn't move. It's been up and down but is now currently at it's smallest. I see the haematologist on the 17th. I've been to the doctors about 15 times and they all say there tiny and their not worried but sending me for piece of mind. My anxiety is through the roof to the point where I can be sick. When I first found it I wasn't sick but about a few days later my throat felt strange and slightly sore, but nothing came of it. I feel like I've been ill on and off ever since but not sure wether the anxiety makes me feel this way. Just sick of the constant fear and worry.

• Posted

Hi - I hope you're doing well. My collarbone node is still there...It feels a little bigger but my husband insists it's the same size, and it still moves. I also have a cold so that might be why. In the back of my mind I still worry what if something is wrong but it's honestly been there so long without growing..Everytime I freak out I reread this thread and remind myself there are others out there with the same thing and they're fine. How are you?

• Posted

Hi,

Mine is still there and is the same size, still moves freely. I've had it checked 3 times by ultrasound and it's very very tiny, too small for a fine needle biopsy. It feels bigger than it actually is. Mine is only 2-3mm but feels like 1cm to me.

I've pushed all thoughts about that lymph node to the back of my mind for a while.

I feel the same, very reassuring that someone has the same lymph node in that spot as well, I've tried looking up other who do in the past with no success.

• Posted

That's reassuring, I've never had an ultrasound on mine, my PCP said it was nothing and my OB couldn't even find it. it feels about a cm too and looks that when it rolls under the skin, but I guess I don't take into factor the skin laying over it smile

• Posted

You need to get a biopsy of some of the nodes.  Have them remove the whole thing not just a needle one.  I had a friend that waited 5 months before the doctor would take him serious and he had Mantel Cell.  You have to have more than just a CT.  I hope that you have found out something by now.  I saw your post was five months ago.
    • Posted

My lymph nodes are too small for even a needle biopsy apparently, ive tried getting it 3 times from 3 different doctors but no success, and said it be useless and inconclusive.

They would take me more seriously if my lymph nodes dramatically grew, but it's been a year and they are still the same size. I know I shouldn't be able to feel them at all but the ultrasound showed they're all smaller then the size of concern(basically normal lymph nodes, shotty nodes they said?). Did your friend have lymph node that kept growing and growing ? I still do worry about this but feel it's not getting anywhere

• Posted

Same, my OB GYN couldn't even feel the one I was talking about a couple months ago and said if it had been there for years without growing it was surely nothing to worry about. I literally have to dig it out to move it...I'm sure most normal people don't go digging around for lymph nodes. Plus it moves and isn't rock hard. I vaguely remember asking my primary care doctor about it when I first noticed it and he called it a shotty node. My OB said it could also be a cyst. The only time it ever grows is when I mess with it and even then it gets no bigger than a pea. I had mono when I was in college and have read that can cause numerous nodes to remain permanently enlarged, although I'm not sure mine would even be considered enlarged. I think my husband will go crazy if I also him to check it one more time. I've had numerous blood work and cbc's done in the last 3 years from 2 pregnancies plus a thyroid ultrasound last year all of which were normal, I just need to get it through my crazy head that I am fine!

• Posted

Hi, Stephanie I have the same thing you do I think. Under my right collar bone in that pit area is a little lymph node. It's extremely movable. I can flip it over the collarbone before it goes back into place. It's under 1cm I think. Maybe 7 or 8 mm? I havn't got an offically messured but that's my guess. And the feeling of it is like a semi-flexed muscle? I'm not sure. I noticed it about 7 Months ago and without it changing I think. When I brought it up to my doctor she said "it doesn't feel pathinogenic"? and did a chest x-ray and a follow up a month later and after that she promised it was nothing to worry about. But I came back worried a couple months later worried about it and wondering about Leukemia and got a blood test. She said the test came back "perfect". That made me feel better. I still do worry about this lymph node though sometimes. I even went for a second opinion and he told me it was nothing to worry about. Does this sound relatable with yours? Thank you!

• Posted

Hi, yes it sounds exactly like mine. It's in the exact same spot and moves the same as yours, the slightest touch will slide it on top of my collarbone.

I have not had a chest x-Ray but have had 3 neck ultrasounds, and the lymph nodes turned out to be much smaller then it feels. It's pathologically within normal limits apparently and is too small for biopsy. (Though has been there for a year with no change in size). I just hate its location. In a spot where everywhere says it's a cause for concern.

• Posted

Mine is the exact location, but on the left side!! Which online makes it seem even worse sad but it's never been more than a cm that it feels like, and everyone keeps saying it's within the normal limits. Do you guys notice yours fluctuating throughout the day? I feel like mine is always bigger in the morning. I actually put a band aid on mine last night so I couldn't get to it, and woke up this morning and it still felt bigger. Granted I think I messed with it all day yesterday so maybe I irritated it. I can't help it!! Yesterday it went anywhere from feeling like a pea to a grain of rice and back and forth. It does ache a little today so that's reassuring I guess if I really did irritate it, normally it's painless which also freaks me out. But again, it's so small no one ever seems concerned.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I'm glad I found someone who can relate. I've been to a few doctors who have told me everything is fine but it still makes me nervous sometimes.

• Posted

Yes exactly! It feels bigger in the morning for some reason. I'm not sure why. That was actually why I started getting nervous about it again. One morning I woke up, checked it and it felt like it was puffier? I'm not sure why. But as the day went on it shrank back down to normal.

• Posted

Yes this makes me feel better. I've never had any tests other than bloodwork that's all been normal but no one has ever been concerned. Honestly I put it out of my head for awhile before I spiral into a fear of worry again. My husband says I've been pointing it out for at least 3 years so I have to think it would change by now. It kind of feels like a small liqui-gel capsule, almost like a small NyQuil. Not hard but not really soft either.

• Posted

That's how mine feels too like a fleshy Liquigel capsul. I think it's a little smaller than a Liquigel. I've been aware of it for a little over 7 Months and I don't believe it's changed which is good. The doctor told me to monitor and check it once a month to check for any changes but I'm wondering for how long before I can definitively say it's nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Mine has been there for at least 3 years that I know about. The only time it really seems to grow is when I obsess over it, or I did have a tetanus shot in that arm over the summer and it grew to about the size of a marble, it went back down though. I think my only problem is I've never been told 100% what it is, but I do hear that anything under 1cm isn't considered enlarged and no changes are good. I don't have any other symptoms and would think after 3 years something would be off?

• Posted

Oh really? That's interesting. I've read that about the size too I don't have an official measurement though. I'm not a doctor but I've done some reading and online sources say these nodes drain the arm? Maybe that's why is swelled up like it did. I've also read (though I'm not a doctor) that it something was wrong they would swell up to the size of chickens eggs in a few months? I believe mine is around 6 or 7 millimeters (my estimate) and hasn't changed in over 7 months which makes me feel a little better. It could have been there much longer but I'm not sure.

• Posted

I thought I was doing so well but suddenly I'm obsessing over this again! Is yours visible to the eye when you move it to the top of your collarbone? Mine can't been seen when it's tucked away but if it slides over the bone it can be seen resting on the bone until it retracts back. Sometimes it's like it gets stuck up there for a second but the slightest touch makes it slide back down to its normal spot.

• Posted

That's exactly how mine is. I can clearly see it moving around when I slide it on top of the color bone. I do exactly what you do! When I think about it is makes me pretty nervous. But I think it's unchanged for 8 month's so I feel that's pretty good! How long has yours been there?

• Posted

It's been a couple years at least... Probably 3 that I've noticed. It's fluctuated a little in that time usually when I'm obsessing over it or have a cold or the flu, but always retracts. I probably need to just accept the fact that it is fine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.