Lymph nodes everywhere, collarbone included + symptoms?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hey everyone I'm new here,

I am 20 years old and for a year and a half I have been experiencing symptoms and lymphadenopathy.

I have been to multiple doctors/appointments but no doctor seems to take it serious enough.

It first started with severe lower abdomen pain last year in May which then lead to me getting blood tests and a ovarian ultrasound. Blood test was good and ultrasound showed a 29mm 'complex' cyst (which they weren't bothered about).

After that I'd have multiple blood tests, recent ones showing I'm anemic (low iron and satn).

Also had an abdomen ultrasound which was normal "no sign of abdomen lymphadenopathy"

But ever since the chronic nausea and abdominal pain perisisted everyday til now I've been anxious and read online about lymph nodes, I freaked out as I could feel mine so easily and big ones under my jaw, this year in February I read about collarbone lymph nodes and how dangerous they were if you could feel them (mainly for cancer suspicions). So I felt there and generally didn't feel anything obvious, until I'd shrug my shoulders back and pull the skin to my collarbone then I could feel 2-3 lumps on my left collar and not my right.

But one day I checked under my collarbone and felt something.. And with the slightest touch a obvious lymph node was found! It moved on top of my collarbone and then behind it, but will always come back and rest under my collarbone (infraclavicle area) it was the strangest thing! And it's clearly visible when it slides on my collarbone. And I obviously freaked out and went to the doctors once again.

Again 2 of them shrugged it off and basically said its nothing, even though it's clearly there and I have all these symptoms that I link it to this node.. I've even had one blood test which showed low white blood cells.. I finally prompted one doctor to do an ultrasound so I did, it was so hard for him to get a picture cause it was in an awkward place for a node and every time the wand went on it, it would slide away.

All these symptoms and now back and rib pains, collarbone lymph nodes and anemia makes me think something is going wrong with my body.. sad

0 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Stephanie, I am new to hear but any advice my husband has 2 swollen nodes on left collar bone he is 5OI am keeping calm in front of him but so worried I am finding it hard to keep together.  He has seen GP who felt them and said they didn't feel anything is wrong but as so anxious he has been referred. He has got a horrible head cold but didn't think they would be raised in this area and everything I read says not good area. Thank you any advice? Maria

• Posted

Stephanie, do you have any lymph nodes in your groin too? How big do they feel?
  • Posted

Abt 8 mos ago my husband noticed a mushy lump in his inner thigh and he thght he had a hernia from pushing my kickboxing bag because he said when he moved my bag he felt something not right happen to his left leg. Well this past Jan 2017 he got sick with the flu and a week later the lump swelled up like a hard baseball and he could barely walk. So the next day he went to get it checked out. Come to find out its was his lympnode swollen. His catscan and blood were ok but thy referred him to a Hematology/Oncologist. So he went and my husband sort of freaked out when he saw the Oncologist and asked the dr do I have cancer and the dr told him no no we do alot of things. So the dr sent him for a ultrasound and needle biopsy. The needle biopsy came back as inconclusive and the ultrasound came back ok...The dr was happy with the ultrasound and saw tht his lympnode was gone down after taking antibiotics. So now he is scheduled to do a Pet Scan this Tuesday and thy r going to cut a piece out. My husband seems ok and Im the one freaking out and having anxiety and cant eat while my husband is over eating like nothing. My husband said the only thing thts irratating its super tender, it feels like a pulled muscle, it feels like a sunburn sort of and it itches alittle. I know he is always complaining abt his sinuses and allergies. Also... My husband had broken his left leg like 11yrs ago and had plates and had them taien out but he also needs a knee replacement on the same leg. His left leg is slightly shorter than his right leg after the break. Tht is the only place he has the swollen lympnodes. Im wondering if tht is his weak place on his body maybe tht is why those lympnode swelled. Its like a egg now instead of a baseball and its soft instead hard like it was. Keep us in your prayers.
  • Posted

How is everyone doing? Well I've set myself off into panic again. I had an appointment at the dermatologist last week and we started talking about fatty lumps/cysts and I had her check the lump on my collarbone. 2 doctors had brushed it off but she said it was a concerning area and wants me to have an ultrasound, which I'm having tomorrow. She said she thinks it is just a cyst and the fact that it has been there so long and is movable up over my collar bone is a good sign, and that bad lymph nodes wouldn't really move, but of course I'm still panicked. It doesn't help that it feels harder than it used to but maybe the poking hasn't helped that. I am keeping my finger crossed and praying that tomorrow goes fine but can't help my brain from wandering to the worst. Ugh!!

• Posted

Hi,

I have had my mind off of the lymph node for quite a while now just because of my last doctors visit.

I've had 2 or 3 ultrasounds on my lymph node under my collarbone.

They determined that it definitely isn't a cyst, and it is a healthy lymph node that's also a 'normal' size. It's smaller than it feels.

I was also going to get a needle biopsy of it but was told it was way too small for one that there was no point.

So was basically told to forget about it rolleyes. Let us know what happens with you

• Posted

thank you for your reply! I am scared out of my mind even though she said she wasn't worried about it really other than the location - the internet makes the collarbone seem so scary! I'm just trying to remind myself how long it has been there and how little it actually probably is. When she measured it by holding it with her fingers it was about 1cm but I know that is with the skin overlay and it was a bit aggravated from being poked I think, it seems to have shrunk a bit since then. I just hope that the ultrasound comes back as nothing to worry about rolleyes I feel like I'm constantly poking and prodding everything out of anxiety for it

• Posted

Yeah the Internet is a scary place when it comes to these things, if it wasn't for the area I don't think I'd be so worked up about it *sigh* the fact that it's very movable and even slides with the slightest touch, and also hasn't increased in size is a good sign. But I've set myself on a panic once again, sometimes I wish I'd wake up and it's diminished or atleast not palpable anymore lol.

How did your ultrasound go? I know they always had a hard time getting the wand over the darn thing cause it's loves to slide 😬

• Posted

Hi - my dermatologist called this morning. She said that the ultrasound indicated that the lump is a lymph node, not a cyst. She recommended that I follow up with my primary doctor to monitor it, especailly if it suddenly gets bigger. I told her it actually seems smaller since she saw it and that it fluctuates, she said than it sounds like nothing to worry about, that it should get bigger when I'm fighting a cold or something (and I have a 6 month old daughter and 3 year old son, so I'm always fighting something.) I'm going to do my best to put it out of my mind for now and follow up with my PCP eventually for peace of mind - I hope you can do the same smile

• Posted

Hi

I'm new here. It's good to read your posts and hear I'm not the only person with lymph node worries. I'm looking my mind over this! 3 weeks ago I got strep throat.. started taking amoxicillin for it, then noticed my lymph nodes were very tender and painful but not super swollen (can't really feel them too easily) but it's in many different places on my body. Arm pits (which is pain shooting through them) groin, jaw.. I try not to touch them as they're tender to touch. I don't know if it's normal to have this after 3 weeks. I'm so scared after reading the internet. I think I will go see my Dr next week if they don't stop hurting. Does anyone feel pain from they're nodes even when not touching them? Any thoughts or advice?

• Posted

Hi, andiemarie from what I've read if they are tender that is the best sign that they are just fighting infection in the body and they are just doing their normal fuctions and is totally fine! But I would have a doctor check them out for you. It's always a good idea to get a doctor to look at things. You might need some antibiotics to help you! Let us know what they say ok smile

• Posted

Hi Stephanie. A Loved one of mine was recently diagnosed with stage 4 large B Cell Non-Hoskins Lymphoma. A CT Scan was performed last March, nothing detected. This march 2017, Showed abnormalities. I have been reading up on integrated oncology in a newly published book that gives the names of the technology that is detecting cancer that conventional screenings & tests are not sophisticated enough for earlier detection. These tests detect once the cancer has gotten large enough to see. It would be hugely insightful for u to read & perhaps follow up on. This technologies are saving people's lives. We left the oncologist we were seeing & have transferred to an integrative oncology cancer medical center. I can give you the name of the MD who has written & published this book. Book name is The Cancer Revolution. God Speed

• Posted

Hi Stephanie how are you feeling? I know this is an old post but I've been going through this anxiety on and off for years and it's happening again because now I found above my collar bone shotty nodes on the right side....

• Posted

Hello. I'm Tommy, 39 years old and very afraid. Glad I found this forum; literally everything I've read online says left supraclavicular nodes are malignant. I'm terrified.

I've been brushed off by doctors for over a year about my many symptoms. Some mildly concerned docs told me, "let's wait and see" a year ago about my night sweats, low grade fevers, and constant fatigue. Other doctors have said it's all in my head/anxiety/ motherhood. Dermatologist brushed off my itchy red bumps as a reaction to living in a new environment. But I've known something was wrong.

A few months ago I found supraclavicular left-side nodes; two on my collarbone. I told myself to stop worrying because my blood work was normal. But they aren't going away. I casually mentioned them to my obgyn yesterday and when she felt them she looked sick. She sat down and said she wants an ultrasound and biopsy done on them; that nodes in the collarbone should not ever be felt unless there's a malignancy somewhere. Then she got very emotional and shared that she just lost her husband to Non Hodgkin's lymphoma and this was his only symptom. She said they did a fine needle aspiration and told him it was negative, but he should have had a biopsy; they waited so long to do the biopsy that by the time they did it and it was positive, he could not be saved.

She spent a lot of time on the phone with Medicaid and they approved only a second doctor's visit to a GP I've never seen before. I have to wait for that appointment, and I have to hope that the new GP will refer me to the ultrasound and that Medicaid will pay for it, and that they will take it seriously enough to do a biopsy. I will not rest until I get answers. (Literally... I am unable to sleep because I am wrecked with anxiety.)

Thanks for reading this. I hope those who have dealt with this can reassure me if they are still here!

• Posted

Omg that is so scary!! Please keep us posted!!!!! 😫

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.