Lyrica

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone been prescribed Lyrica and had any issues with it?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You might get diarrhea. I can’t take it because of that and my doc told me not to take it any more.
    • Posted

Hi No I am not taking it. My neurologist discontinued it due to serious side effects. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

I am using it. It helps a bit, I find it makes me tired and have a lack of energy but that’s it. I’m in a lot of pain so it’s something I’m prepared to put up with. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I was taken off it as it caused serious side effects, just wonderedif anyone else had been affected. Thanks.
  • Posted

Yes I had problems with that, celexa, cymbalta and they made things much worse. I am now on gabapentin which does nothing for pain relief so I am weaning myself off and am going to demand that my neurologist give me something that works. He will probably want to increase the dosage but I am going to say no. It is my body and I can refuse it if it doesn't work

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to find out what drug helps people with neuropathy but it seems that the efficacy of drugs is very variable. May I ask you what caused the neuropathy? Were you taking any medication at the time or perhaps previously to having signs and symptoms?  Some drugs can cause neuropathy.

• Posted

What is harvoni? What side effects did you experience and how are u now? Sorry to hear this. Hope you are ok now.
    • Posted

Because it was making things much worse than better. Antidepressant for nerve pain is not the best way to go. Doctors are getting kickbacks from the drug companies for passing out those drugs anyway.
    • Posted

I read that Lyrica was never researched. Dr Reuben Scott jailed for fabricating research . Sorry for having to say that here hope it is ok to do so.
    • Posted

I got your message so it must be okay to say it. I am not on lyrica anymore but that and the cymbalta made things much worse. I am weaning myself off of gabapentin because I have heard horror stories about that drug also
    • Posted

SO have I. Its scary all this. Have u tapered off Cymbalta slowly as advised by drs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.