Lyrica

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone been prescribed Lyrica and had any issues with it?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Harvoni is a medication for people who have hepatitis c. I did get rid of the hepatitis but the harvoni gave me a side effect which is the peripheral neuropathy and I have had it for 3 years. It is in my feet
    • Posted

Some days I feel like cutting my feet off, but all the doctors give me is gabapentin which does nothing at all for pain. I guess there is no cure for neuropathy
    • Posted

Hi again Sorry to hear this. Have had your vitamin B12 and D levels checked? Low levels can cause nerve pain. If you google the pernicious anaemia society  there is lots of infp on this to help you. Take care keep strong.xx
    • Posted

I have had all kinds of blood test done and my b12 and d levels are good along with my other blood levels. I am taking a few supplements too but they don't do anything. I will Google that after here. xx

• Posted

i have tried lyrica, cymbalta, neurotonin, and as few more and none worked at all,  they only made me gain weight which uis common with the anti-depressants.   Also tried cbd oil to no avail, and have had cortisone shots and radio frequency ablation, and spinal cord stim  to no avail either.  My  pain doc wants to try the nevro stimulator , as he spoke to another doc and its supposed to be better for abdominal nerve pain and there arent any pulses you can feel.  i am sort of not sure yet, as the boston stim did not help at all, and was uncomfortable wearing it with the trial, and also concerned about possible complications , which most literature just passes over, except 1 doc from calif, dr. nancy s   , dont remeber her last name , but starts with an s.   good luck to every one too.   

• Posted

I'm on this have been for years, great for nerve pain , I wouldn't be without it

• Posted

I have been on all of the antidepressants and they don't do anything for pain relief, currently am on gabapentin but am weaning myself off because it does nothing at all

• Posted

I take a mix of pre gabalin & dihydricodine they work.great but I'm defo not pain free... I'm on citalpram for depression and they work a treat, hope you get sorted

• Posted

I don't know why they give out antidepressants for chronic pain if it doesn't work, must be from all the money doctors get from kickbacks for writing prescriptions for them

• Posted

I've never heard of a gp do I h that before... I've has depression & anxiety for years so they defo keep me sane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.